Roses and Ice Cream (Luhan)

First of the series! =)

"Chaeyoung! Wait!"

You laugh and dart away.

Luhan pinches your cheek as soon as he catches up. "I said wait!"

"Don't pinch me." You flick his sweaty forehead in retaliation. "And ew, you're all dirty!"

"You made me run after you...so sorry if I, like any other human being, produced sweat after exercise."

"You need all the exercise you can get dear."

His eyebrows furrow and he pouts. "Is that one of those dear deer puns again?"

"Yeah, but you know you look like a doe, Luhan."

"I certainly do not!" he asserts, puffing himself up. "I am very manly. Yeah. Very," he mutters unconvincingly. He looks like he doesn't believe it himself. Poor guy.

But there's no time to dwell. "We'll never get to the park like this! Come on! You promised!"

"Chaeyoung!" he yells, gaping. His brown hair flops all over in an adorably lopsided way.

You stick out your tongue at him. "Catch me if you can~!"

He groans and lopes after you. "You're too fast for me, Chae."

"More running, less talking," you sing, waving a finger jokingly. "What are we doing, anyway?"

"If you must know, I planned for us to walk in the streets-"

You laugh. "That takes planning?"

"-and enjoy ourselves with ice cream and all that couple stuff," he explains, blowing his fringe out of the way. "But then you run off, and now I'm tired. And," he stresses, "I can't be bothered now."

"Oh Lulu," you cajole, "you certainly have the energy. It's not too late and I want ice cream. Please? It's so hot today."

His pink face shows obvious agreement with the latter part of the statement and his shoulders sag with slightly amused defeat. "Okay."

The two of you walk to the busy street lined with shops and stalls together, spotting the ice cream stall. "I foresee that someone will be buying me ice cream in the near future," you say in your best Sybill Trelawney voice. "Oh come on, Luhan, you're so slow today!"

You drag Luhan to the shop eagerly. "One chocolate mint icecream please."

Then you subject him to an unintentionally vicious jab. "What do you want?"

"One strawberry ice cream please."

"Knew it," you tease as he pays. The ice cream tastes like pure heaven.

Your eyes flutter closed in delight. "This is perfect. I love it."

But there's no reply. "Luhan?"

Two warm hands cover your eyes. "Guess who?"

"Monster."

"Don't be mean."

Standing in front of you is your dearest boyfriend, holding a bouquet of... are those...

"For heaven's- achoo!"

You squeeze your eyes shut. They well with tears and your nose stings. "Achoo!"

"What's wrong?"

"Allergies!" you manage between sneezes.

Luhan's eyes widen. "I didn't know. I'm so sorry! What do I do?"

Through your blurring tears, you see him hover over you restlessly. "Water."

He frantically runs off, returning moments later with cold water and napkins. "Here."

You draw a long gulp and splutter a little. "Thanks. I'm alright now," you say, smiling wanly.

He still looks horrified. "I'm so so sorry Chae! I didn't even have the slightest idea that you're-"

"I said I'm fine Lu," you cut in, patting his hand.

Now he looks plain embarrassed. "I've been your boyfriend for ages yet I didn't know what allergies you have-"

"That's okay; roses are oddly the only allergy I have. But the idea was cute, Lu."

Giving you a skeptical face, he puffs out his cheeks.

"Sorry I ruined the afternoon," he apologises.

"There's still ice-cream though," you say, nodding to the ice creams he's holding.

That manages to make him smile. "Yes, there is," he agrees.

You take your chocolate mint ice cream and realise there's a missing part you don't remember eating.

"Luhan..." you grumble.

"Yes?" he asks through a mouthful of pink ice cream, the epitome of pure cuteness.

You forcefully shove his unfair adorableness from your mind to focus on the crime at hand.

"Did you steal a bite from my ice cream?" you demand. No one steals your food and gets away with it.

"It was just one tiny bite, Chae..."

Annoyed, you look away. "You mean half my ice cream? ...Fine. But I get a bit of yours now; it's only fair that way."

Luhan blinks and stuffs the rest of his ice cream in his mouth. "You'll have to get it from me," he says defiantly.

"That's so gross, Luhan. You could've just asked for a kiss."

"LUHAN-GE IS SUCH A PERVERT, I EVEN HAVE THE MOMENT ON CAMERA! I THOUGHT HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE INNOCENT!" Baekhyun shouts, jumping out from behind a stall and waving the aforementioned camera around like a lunatic.

"The fact that you have the moment on camera makes you even creepier," Luhan deadpans, shaking his head disapprovingly.

You narrow your eyes at them. "Why are you here?"

Luhan nods thoughtfully. "Exactly. What are you doing here?"

"It was Sehun's idea."

Sehun protests indignantly. "It wath not my idea! It wath Baekhyun'th! I had nothing to do with it. They dragged me along becauthe I wanted bubble tea."

"Whatever, just go. I wanna continue spending my afternoon with Chaeyoung in peace without 11 weirdos watching us."

"WE'RE NOT WEIRDOS," they unanimously declare.

"Your clothes suggest otherwise," you reply, taking Lu's hand.

"You owe me ice cream."

"I'll buy you some more okay?"

"Nah, it's alright. I still have my chocolate and mint ice cream. But you can't steal it anymore; I wanna eat."

Luhan's eyes round. "But-!"

"No stealing."

"Fine. I'll go buy another ice cream and we'll share, alright?"

You beam. "Okay."

As he wanders back to the stall, you smile.

Hands down, best guy ever.