Takes Two To Tango (Lay)

SparklingBubbleTea's request is finally here! Love your username btw heh ^-^

Enjoy~

'Put your hand on my shoulder, Chrissi,' Lay instructs softly, resting his hand on your waist. 'Yep, that's right. Now, let's try one, two, one, two, three. Mirror my movements.'

You try your best to follow and clutch to him nervously when you trip. Of course, he steadies you gently but then tips you backwards, before leaning in. He hovers inches from your face, warm eyes loving, and a small smile painted onto his rosy lips. Your beautiful dancing angel. 

Lay pulls you up again, and a delighted giggle bubbles up and escapes your mouth as he twirls you around gracefully. You crash into him, losing your balance for a second, and topple to the floor, dragging him down with you. 

He's the first to recover, and kindly helps you get up. Then there's a cheeky grin on his handsome face.

'From now on, there's rewards and punishments. Very out of place steps call for punishment, and if you can dance the right steps for 30 seconds, there's a prize.'

You pout. 'I don't like the cha cha. It's too hard and stupid.'

Lay smoothes down the silky, ruffles at the shoulder of your dress. 'Don't say that. All dances are great. But if you really dislike it, we can always do the tango.'

Your eyes light up hopefully. 'Can we do the tango then?'

He shakes his head at you good-naturedly. 'FIne, fine. But,' he lowers his voice, 'make sure you don't mind the close proximity,' he reels you in until you're almost nose to nose, 'and the sexy fieriness.'

A devilish smirk takes over as you lean towards his ear and whisper, 'I don't.'

Lay swallows thickly. 'Uhh... okay then. It goes like this.'

You inwardly gloat. Ha, and he was thinking about making you flustered. But two can play at a game, right?

It happens that you know the tango well enough so when the first 30 seconds goes by smoothly, you receive a sweet peck on the cheek. 

You trace patterns on his shoulder as the two of you move with deft alacrity across the room. 

'You know, Lay,' you drawl, 'at this rate you're going to give me a whole load of prizes- I don't think I'm going to make a mistake any time too soon.'

'Ahh don't be too confident, Chrissi. Watch your step, jagi.'

'You wouldn't- Aah!' Lay dips you back suddenly, making you lose your footing again and depend on grasping at his shirt. 'HEY! CHEATER!'

'But that's still the wrong step right? Punishment time,' he sings, before dropping you to the ground.

You growl at him. 'Evil.'

'You... have to do a dance for me.'

'What... Why. WHAT?!'

Lay sits beside you and puts on an unapologetic expression. 

You make no move to get up and dance. He prods you lightly. 'Hey, don't be grumpy. Just a little dance. Or a bit of singing, I guess.'

'Okay then,' you say grudgingly, picking yourself up off the floor and dusting off your dress. 'I'll do Growl.'

Lay lifts his eyebrows at the mention of one of EXO's songs. 'Okay.'

Yo, okay. You make a perfect imitation of Tao's wrist flick. 

Na hoksi molla gyeonggohaneunde (jaldeureo),

Jigeum wiheomhae (so dangerous)

Jakku nareul jageukhajima (geunilla)

Nado nal molla (oh)

The music gets cut off and there Lay is, with a pinking face and red, red lips from biting it. He covers his face with his hands in embarrassment. 'I can't stand it,' he mutters.

You stop dancing. 'What's wrong? Is my dancing really that bad?'

Lay looks up at you. 'No, that's not the problem. It's just that you look... so... so... so-'

'So what?'

He flushes, blood rushing to his face. 'Uhh... desirable...?'

You advance on him slowly. And his eyes can't help but wander to your unintentionally alluring, swaying hips. He licks his dry, chapped lips. 'Do I, now?' you question slyly, watching as Lay gulps again, his adam's apple bobbing imperceptibly.

He nods slowly. You burst out laughing. 'Well that's good- you're supposed to have at least some sort of physical attraction to your girlfriend, right?'

The cloud of sultry tension dissipates almost instantly. 

Lay smiles sheepishly at you, and feels a teeny bit abashed for the mildly dirty thoughts that went racing through his head in the last few moments. 'Yeah,' he agrees, before lunging forward and tackling you to the studio floor. 'So... Do you think I'm... desirable?' he whispers as he pins you down between his arms. His dark eyes search your face intently.

Your heart skips a beat at the compromising position the two of you are in before you can muster an answer. 'Aww, hell yeah.'

'Hmm... But for even considering the answer, I'm going to... TICKLE YOU!!!' He doesn't hesitate to persistently run his long fingers in quick, movements at your most ticklish spots. Under your chin. Your sides. 

You drown in laughter. 'No- aha- please -ahhahaha- please no- stop- ahaha!' 

When he's decided that he's had enough fun, he relents his nimble fingers and allows you to breathe without being choked up with giggles. 

You roll over, huffing and attempting to catch your breath back. The door swings open. Lay looks over, but you don't- being tickled until breathlessness generally leaves you no spare energy to lift your head. Your boyfriend is merciless. Kind of. Not really. He's actually rather benevolent.

It happens to be the rest of EXO. They look at the two of you sprawled on the ground with amused expressions as they undoubtedly conjure up stupid stories about how you ended up puffing and panting, and how Lay got his hair mussed up and the neckline of his shirt strangely crooked. You won't be surprised if a good majority of them are quite perverted theories. 

'It's not what you think-' Lay starts, before Chanyeol cuts him off.

'Did you have a good time?' He wiggles his eyebrows and grins. 

Lay groans, as Suho reaches up onto his tiptoes to swat the back of Chanyeol's head. 

You get up and flop into Lay's lap. 'I'm so tired.'

'I'd bet you'd be- Ow!' Suho gives Chanyeol another light smack to the head. 'You're killing my brain cells!' 

'Not that there were any in the first place,' Baekhyun interjects, only to have a mock-saddened pout directed at him. 

'I thought you were on my side, Baek.'

'I thought I was too.'

And the bickering goes on.

Eventually, Suho steps in and has to physically move them out of arms reach... Well, that's his intention, anyway. It doesn't quite work, not when both are much too tall and much too heavy for his feeble arm strength. In the end, it takes Kai, Sehun and Kyungsoo to bring them apart. 

'Well then.' Suho manages to say to you between gasps for air, 'it's good that you two are such a loving, harmless couple.'

'We've had practice. It takes two to tango, doesn't it?' 

Sorry for the delay- I've been literally buried in notes, exam notifs and books because tests are imminent. But hope it was up to standards :) Did everyone get the last line? Haha and did anyone notice the alliteration in the title? It wasn't even intended XD Vote and comment! Thank you!