Under The Starlight (Kai)

OMG Happy Birthday to Lay!!! But sadly, I have a knack for writing imagines that aren't for the EXO member whose birthday is being celebrated on the update :/ I'll see what I can do about that.

Dedicated to exotanya~

'May I have this dance, m'lady?' Kai says, bowing and offering you a hand.

'Yep,' you answer, taking his proffered hand and grinning. 'But you dance at your own risk so don't kill me if I happen to step on your feet.'

He leans up close, and you can feel his breath blowing on your cheek and see those dark, dark eyes so clearly. 'Really,' he murmurs near your ear, 'you might want to re-think that because I was going to give rewards for a good dance.'

Kai moves back and puts a hand comfortably on your waist as you lay a hand on his shoulder. He draws back for a moment, dropping your hand and pulling out his phone. 'I almost forgot the music.'

You giggle. 'Silly.'

He chooses a gentle, lilting song that fills the night air with light trills and slow, soothing music. 'Now we shall dance.'

Kai guides you through the dance, every so often correcting the placement of your feet kindly and nodding when you get the hang of it pretty quickly. He gives you a soft kiss on the cheek for each correct move. 

Once you're moving smoothly, the two of you relax, swaying and dancing on the cobbled boulevard. The pearlescent moon shines high in the sky, and the dark-green leaved trees are full of silver starlight. In the dim glow of streetlamps and the moon, the boulevard shines like platinum, glittering.

'Hey ___?' 

You look at Kai. The light illuminates his tan face and catches on his long, sweeping eyelashes, like some sort of dark beauty. 'Yeah?'

'You're pretty good at dancing.'

'As good as you?'

'Almost.'

'Really...? I think you're being sarcastic.'

'I am.' He grins cheekily as you swat his arm in annoyance. Damn it's toned. 

'You're so mean.'

'I'm sorry. Would you like compensation?'

'Like...?'

Kai cleared his throat nervously. 'Uhh... Like this?' he uttered quietly as he went down (gracefully, mind you) on one knee with a tiny, but precious box in hand. He offered it to you shakily. 'Would... you, uhh... be... my wife?'

You stared at him. The music played on and waltzed with the passing minutes as you made no reply.

Kai peered at you, feeling more and more uncertain by the moment.

A single tear fell.

With a single word. 'Yes.'

A breath of relief drifted his lips as he slipped the ring onto your finger carefully. He rose and held you in a passionate embrace. 'Thank you, thank you for making me the happiest man in the galaxy.'

'That's horribly cheesy,' you croaked, wiping away the tears that had made silver trails on your face.  

'I know, ___, but it's true.'

The End. Aww~ Hope you liked it! Vote and comment! Thanks! ~ChocOhorat (Because I'm not even going to bother thinking of a new name... So it stays as that :P)