Guitar (Chanyeol)

Dedicated to ysblnacor~ Hope you like it!

You sit on the floor of the studio, your back against Chanyeol's long legs, listening contentedly to Chanyeol playing his guitar. The music is sweet; mellow and resonant. And each note hums gently as deft fingers run up and down the strings and frets with a graceful swiftness.

'Do you want to learn?' Chanyeol asks, still playing a cheery tune.

Your eyes sparkle in excitement at the prospect. 'Yep!'

He flashes you a white smile and points to a stack of chairs in the corner. 'Get one.'

You're quick to comply, dragging a chair from across the room with an obnoxious squeak as the chair scratches against the floor.

'Stop that.'

'Okay, so never drag chairs in front a violin-turned-guitar guy - reminds them of too many 'painful' memories,' you quip, beaming wickedly as Chanyeol earnestly tells you how truly agonising playing his fingers raw were.

And after he's done with his little flashback, Chanyeol grabs your hand abruptly and studies your fingers, comparing them to his own.

'Stop that, Chanyeol. They'll never be as long as yours.'

He shakes his head. 'I know. But they're long enough. So... Okay. Choose a major key.' he says, absently knocking his knuckles against the smooth wood of his guitar.

'E major?'

'Yeah okay. So put your fingers on these frets,' Chanyeol motions to his left hand and wiggles his fingers.

You giggle. 'Okay, got that.'

'Then you strum all the strings except for the top one.'

'Umm... sure.'

'Now you try.' Chanyeol pushes the guitar into your lap and you awkwardly hold it. It looked so easy when he did it.

He chuckles and walks behind you, correcting the position of your arms, and moving the guitar around so that the curve of the instrument sits nicely on your right knee. You blush almost unnoticeably, though you feel your face burning. Gosh, he's your boyfriend, and for quite a few weeks at that, yet you still get flustered whenever he comes near you. You totally need to work on that. 

You run your fingers down the strings, listening to the pleasant sounds that rings out. 'That wasn't half-bad,' Chanyeol admits, grinning widely.

'Let's change the fingering. Put your fingers here.' He re-arranges your fingers carefully. You strum again.

'That's great. Try playing the chords one after the other.' You attempt it, and fail miserably as you hold the wrong string down.

Chanyeol winces a little. 'Maybe you should try again.'

And you do, this time slightly better. He nods approvingly. 'And again.'

The note goes off a little, again, and you frown, your eyebrows knitting together stubbornly as you stare down the instrument. 'I-' you begin, before realising that you were about to scold an inanimate object. 'Uhh...' You hastily push the guitar into Chanyeol's hands. 'Can't do it.'

He sighs. 'Yes, you can. Plus you wanted to learn, right?'

You scowl. 'Fine. I'll try again.' You pull the guitar back into your lap with a solid thud. 'Ow.'

And so you start again, just for his sake. 'One, and two, and three, and four. One, and two, and three, and four.' 

It goes on forever. 'Chanyeol,' you pant, wiping sweat off your forehead dramatically, 'this is so tiring, I- just- cannot go- on.'

Your boyfriend raises his eyebrows. 'Right. Are you sure you're not trying to get out of this?'

Yes, Chanyeol, I'm glad you noticed. I want to get out of this.

'My wrist hurts though,' you whine petulantly, your lower lip jutting out. 

Chanyeol shoots you a sympathetic look. 'That, I understand more,' he murmurs, as he kneels down and takes your wrist, giving it a quick rub and kissing it gently.

You're sure Ron Weasley's hair can't even contest with the current shade of your face. It was such a delicate, and cute gesture that you just cannot help but blush. 

'Better?' he asks.

Much, much better. Now I feel like making my wrist ache again.

'But I'm still tired. My fingers huurrrtttt.'

'Okay, but what if I said that I would give you a prize every time you played correctly? Would you still play?'

'Depends on what prizes there are.'

Chanyeol's eyes gleam. 'Well, if you play exceptionally well, we might just take a little (read: long, long, never-going-back-to-it-until-tommorrow) break and just kiss and cuddle instead.'

You hide your burning face in your hands. 'Can't we just ditch guitar and skip straight to the prize?' you mutter into your palms. 

'Since you're so eager, let's just go with it then. Put your chair away, I'll put the guitar away and we can go back to the EXO dorms and do whatever we want.

'Sounds like a plan,' you confirm.

The End. Ah just ruined my long Chanyeol imagine streak with an imagine of 800 words -.- But it's still a somewhat decent length. Hope you liked it :P Vote and comment! Thanks! ~Dancing