Fireworks (Luhan & D.O)

Sad imagine dedicated to KPOPLUV486 who requested.

It started off with fireworks. 

Luhan took Doreen's hand, and they stood side by side by the gently rolling, ink-black sea, staring into the dark night exploding with thousands of glittery stars, smoke and bursts of colour.

Electric blue, followed by gold, and then jade green, and then flashes of rich plum and claret.

Metres away, Kyungsoo sighed into his cup of drink. He sipped, having no idea what it was. It was bitter- but perhaps that was just his emotions influencing- but light and bubbly. And kind of addicting. The fireworks erupting into millions of kaleidoscopic shades didn't seem as beautiful as they might've been if she was with him, sitting across from him instead of standing with him.

Luhan leaned close kissed Doreen's cheek, lips lingering on her soft cheek for the tiniest bit longer. Kyungsoo gripped his glass the tiniest bit tighter as a furious blush angrily stained his pale face. She could've been his.

Doreen smiled demurely, completely unaware of Kyungsoo's reaction and squeezed his hand before looking up again at the new display of fireworks spiralling in the backdrop of the ebony sky. She didn't see the triumphant grin that lit up Luhan's face as he glanced towards the other man sitting at the cafe table alone. Kyungsoo glowered.

The next day EXO was practicing their dance routines, when a call came through.

'Luhan, you have to come to Doreen's office. Something's terribly, terribly wrong.'

And with that, both Luhan and Kyungsoo's hearts froze. The music was cut off. They stood there for a moment, the jealousy painted onto their faces completely and utterly wiped away by their unanimous concern for her, faces ashen white. 

Then they bolted. Luhan started the car, and Kyungsoo got in, shoving aside the rivalry they had ever since Luhan began dating her. He was still her best friend, if not boyfriend.

When they arrived a street away, there was red and yellow tape everywhere. Rock and bits and pieces littered the ground. Police and ambulance lights played over the rubble and buildings, accompanied by the caterwauling sirens ringing through the air.  

Police stopped them. 'I'm sorry. You can't go past the tape. Police, fire brigade and ambulance only.'

'My girlfriend's there!' Luhan cried.

The uniformed man gave him a sympathetic look. 'I'm sorry. You can't go past the tape,' he repeated slowly. 

Luhan sat on the curb, head in his hands.

Hours later, they found her, but she was beyond help. Luhan was numb, but he couldn't help but think of the irony. It started with fireworks, and ended with the work of fire. 

It had been exactly a day before a full year. Kyungsoo sat at the same seat he had sit at a time ago, only now Luhan sat beside him, gulping down the same bitter drink he had drunk alone before. Perhaps the bitterness was still a figment of his imagination, though flavoured with anguish and sadness rather than jealousy. 

As an exceptionally pretty firework glittered up above, he realised Doreen had been just like a burst of fireworks, energetic and beautiful in the time that they lasted, but still vividly memorable for a lifetime after they faded away into the cool, clear night.

The End. Hope it was alright.

Nooo what is this crap with SM. Stupid Management I say. SM indeed. Why Luhan. Why Kris. Why Jessica. Why everything. Honestly. 

I'm not going to rant. Kind of. Maybe. I'll try not to. 

OT9 forever.

OT12 forever.

OTOriginal forever. 

Fighting.

Until the next update. Thanks everyone. ~ChocOhorat