Ballerinas (Kai)

Haha hey guys~ This imagine features Daddy!Kai and an adorable lil kid named Kana XD

Dedicated to @Kim_NaNaHannie~

Oh btw, the story switches from the daughter Kana, to the POV of 'you', aka Nana.

'Read me a story, appa! Please?' Kana pleaded, her huge brown eyes widening dramatically as daddy Kai and uncle Kyungsoo glanced at each other, eyebrows raised. (A/N: The big eyes are in the media section so... XD)

'Well...Uhm... Sure... About what, honey?'

'Ballerinas!' Kana cheered decisively, with a little giggle, clutching an egg plushie that eomma had written 'Egg-soo' and a strange not-quite-square-with-(whoa!)-six-sided(!)-shape on a long time ago. It was so soft, and fluffy, and huggable.

Uncle Kyungsoo nodded, stood and scanned Kana's little bookshelf. He paused to pull a book out and then put it back in. 'You don't seem to have a ballerina book, darling.' He managed apologetically in the end. 'What about a story about fairies?'

Kana chewed her lip. 'But I don't wanna hear about fairies. That was yesterday, the other yesterday and the other yesterday!'

'. . . I see.'

And then it suddenly seemed as if a lightbulb had appeared above uncle Kyungsoo's head. He looked at appa with a devilish grin. 'Well, I can tell you a story about ballerinas.'

'Really? Tell me! Tell me!' A sweet, eager smile crept over Kana's face as she bounced up and down on her bed.

'Did you know your appa was a ballerina?'

'Kyungsoo...' Appa muttered warningly with a narrowed-eye glance thrown in. 

'What? Your dear daughter wants to hear about ballerinas, and you're a prime example.' Kyungsoo shrugged innocuously, hands splayed out towards Kai in a nonchalant fashion.

'WAIT WHA? APPA'S A BALLERINA? I THOUGHT BALLERINAS WERE GIRLS!!!' Kana shrieked, her expression torn between horror in finding that ballerinas were not all girls (A/N: 'Course not, girlie, have you seen your appa's dancing?) and delight that she had been living with one for the whole of her wonderful life.

You walked in, hearing your daughter's excited(?) shouting. 'What's the matter, dear?'

'APPA'S A BALLERINA! AND HE'S NOT WEARING PINK!' Kana screamed indignantly at you as she jabbed her finger at Kai's navy shirt.

'Calm down, Kana, it's not a big deal.'

'WHY IS HE NOT WEARING PINK?!'

'Well honey, I was a balle-'

'He's not wearing pink right now, Kana, but he could if we make him change-'

'Do Kyungsoo I'm warning you, you'd better not-'

'I think it's a great idea, to have a story acted out. Come on Kai...' you said, beaming brightly.

'Really, Nana?' Kai looked aghast. His own wife was against him. And then he made the largest mistake he would make in that hour. He looked at his daughter.

Cue huge, adorable, pleading eyes staring straight into his soul.

'Uhm... Mayb- no.' Kai shook his head. 'No I'm not changing into pink, or a tutu, or a dress.'

Kana's lower lip trembled a little.

Kai panicked inside. 'I mean, I won't, but I can... maybe... dance... for... you.' Each word seemed to be less confident than the previous, and he seemed to shrink entirely. 

'OKAY!' Your daughter nodded rapidly. 'I wanna see, appa~'

He stood up and tripped right into you. You groaned and pushed Kai off. 'Really... that nervous?'

'Shush, Nana.' And Kai began to dance.

After the first few steps, there were three fangirls (well two fangirls + fanboy/fanman) were perched on Kana's bed, watching, absolutely enraptured. And after the performance ended, there was a thunderous round of applause and Kai almost thought he was dancing on stage, until he noticed his wife's and Kyungsoo's amused smirks, and his daughter's pyjamas. 

'Wow appa, you're really good! You're just like Angelina the Ballerina!'

'Thank yo- what...' 

Not seeming to notice her father's less-than-appreciative-expression at the comparison of his skills to a non-existent-pink-tutu-wearing-character, Kana pointed towards her father and then uncle Kyungsoo. 'Dance together!'

'What...?!' 

Kai looked to you, begging with his eyes. You grinned in answer. 'That sounds good, honey.'

Kyungsoo shot you his infamous death glare. All he got in return was a shrug.

'Now, one, three, go!'

Woah it's been so long ;_; I'm sorryyy T_T I'll try to update as much as possible but it's been so annoying with a lack of inspiration and my crappy works as a result of such >_<

Why is there no one talking to me wahhh ;_; This author is gathering dust haha XD Oh well then.

But thank you readers so much~ You guys are fabulous :") ~Kieva