h

8/12 with Luhan!

"Let go of the side of the rink!"

"No way!" Luhan helplessly clutches onto the barrier, his skates still slipping back and forth.

"Come on," you say, and drag him away.

"Nooooo," Luhan whines as he is inevitably separated from all stability and can only depend on holding onto your hands as hard as he can.

"You can do this," you sing, and he notices a strangely wicked look on your face- you won't- you aren't going to-

But you do, and before Luhan can complain you let him go and skate out of his reach.

He flails a bit, trying helplessly to maintain his balance only to fail and topple backwards onto his backside. You giggle a few metres away, like you're watching a baby fawn learn to walk. It's pretty similar, all skittering legs and endearing faces of horror.

You even comfortably circle around him in loops of glee, staying a good distance away from his fingers. "Catch me if you can," is your parting comment as you slide away.

Halfway around the rink you realise he's not trying to chase you, and is instead escorted to the gate by an assistant. Luhan has a pout you can spot anywhere, and he certainly is not happy about the fact that he is abysmal at skating.

By the time you get to the side which Luhan is facing, he's already biting off a mouthful of ice block and nursing his non-existent wounds (except for maybe a hurt pride).

"You're eating an ice-block in an ice-rink and wearing gloves. Wow."

"___..."

You'd pat his head if you could reach him, but you can't, so you settle for childishly sticking your tongue out. "Who knew you were so bad?"

"I'm a wonderful dancer!"

"No one said you weren't."

Luhan peers down at his skates. "I just don't understand how these things work. They're too... slippery."

"We can try again and I'll show you."

"No thanks. I'll just watch from here." He chomps off another piece of ice-block to make his point.

"You are coming with me."

"I shall not."

"Come on."

"No."

"Then I'll dance with the cute assistant skater over there."

Luhan wrinkles his nose and eats the last of his ice block with a childish sulk. "Go on then."

To honest honest, you didn't expect Luhan to be so stubborn, so you hesitantly float towards the cute assistant skater anyway.

Luhan stares at your back incredulously.

"Hi," you say and the skater turns to you in bewildered curiosity.

"Hello," he replies, eyes raking up and down your form probably looking for an injury. "How can I help you?"

"Ah, not much, I just want to compliment you on your graceful movements! You skate with such elegance..." you trail off, realising you sound like a fangirl.

"Practice," he says, shrugging casually.

"What's your name?"

"I'm... slightly intimidated by your glaring boyfriend," the skater says absently as he stares over your shoulder. "But the name's Xiumin."

His mouth then twitches up in unrestrained amusement. "Said boyfriend is coming over." (The author blasts Coming Over on the rink's speakers)

You whip around so quickly Xiumin has to keep you steady, but lo and behold, Luhan is feebly but determinedly working his skates in your direction.

Once he gets within reasonable hearing distance, he starts complaining. "Ya, you just had to play the jealousy card didn't you?"

"It worked, didn't it?"

"You're ridiculous," Luhan grumbles, but lets you take his hand.

"And let's go!"

You slide forward, Luhan in tow, as fast as you can. He attempts to add to the speed but somehow he stumbles and topples the two of you at the curve of the rink.

Xiumin skates past you with a small smirk. "Alright?"

"Go away."

You're the first to get up, and Luhan refuses your offer to help him as he resolutely tries to redeem his manliness.

"Agh!"

~

Perhaps skating wasn't your brightest idea; there were bruises to be felt and cold clammy fingers purposely sneaking under shirt hems in search of warmth. But nevertheless, there are some rewards.

Luhan offers an intense game evening with the rest of EXO, which is most importantly by the heater. He lets you cheat at Monopoly, puts up a prize of a bag filled with goodies not limited to street food, ramen, chocolate, and pocky, and the two of you gang up against the maknaes Sehun, Kai and Tao who all somehow are hilariously terrible. Once all the easy opponents are well and truly thrashed, he turns his attentions to tactics, whispering them against your skin as he lays his head on your shoulder.

"You're distracting me," you tell him, as he blows a puff of breath out.

Luhan flashes you his bright, sparkling smile and his lazy smile says all. "I know," he murmurs.

You scrutinise the board spread out before you, and at Suho's calculative moves (he's strangely gifted at acquiring property). When you realise Suho is probably too far ahead already, you breathe out through your nose and peg some of the EXO members with game pieces. "I give up. Suho wins."

"Such a bad sport," Suho mutters as he opens the bag and purposely savours his bite of a tteok.

Luhan groans under his breath, and you lean down to kiss his cheek, but he looks up at that moment, so you miss and get his lips instead.

Suho chokes on his tteok and stops eating. "Don't play dirty you two... But I think I might've just lost my appetite."

Luhan smiles into the kiss.