High Notes (Baekhyun)

Another request from ysblnacor~

'I win the highest note competition, Baek, admit it. You owe me a lollipop,' you say, a hand on your hip.

'No you cheated, Ji, that last note wasn't even F!' Baekhyun retorts defensively.

You snort. 'I think you just can't accept that I sing higher than you.'

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. 'Yeah sure. Totally.'

'But I really can sing higher than you.'

'Prove it.'

'I already did,' you reply sullenly.

'Just prove it again, then.'

'I won't. Because you already know I should win. You're just being a stubborn-headed mule.' you huff and look away, glowering. 

'That is just rude. Rude, Jihee, rude,' Baekhyun mutters, glaring too. 'I sang higher than you, but you just want to win.'

'I did not just say I was higher because I wanted to win,' you shout indignantly, both hands now planted firmly on your hips, 'I actually sang higher!'

'No you didn't.'

'Yes I did!'

'No you didn't,' Baekhyun retaliates, eyes narrowing.

'YES I DID!' you scream, making Baekhyun's left eye twitch a little at the sound. 'I SANG HIGHER!'

'You didn't,' he repeats slowly and calmly, as if he's talking to a silly child, 'Cos I've the highest note and you know it.'

'YOU ARE INSUFFERABLE, BYUN BAEKHYUN!' And with that, you stomp out of the room, down a corridor and into the EXO dorms, where the rest of the EXO members are lounging. 

'How was your private singing lesson with Baekhyun, eh?' Kai asks, winking.

'That absolutely unkind, rude, stubborn, obstinate, persistent, unyielding, uncharitable, disagreeable, pitiless, cold-hearted-' 

'Okay, that's enough, Jihee darling. Stop listing all the appropriate synonyms of stubborn and rude about Baekhyun to us. We get the point. I mean, at least I do,' Kai says soothingly as you walk over, before pulling you onto his lap. 

'Kai, stop trying to steal Jihee from her boyfriend while they're on a temporary, insignificant disagreement.' Suho admonishes, sighing. 'So what's wrong, Jihee?'

'Byun Baekhyun is being an unkind, rude, stubborn, obstinate, persistent-'

'Yes we understand that.'

'He refuses to admit that I sang the highest note in the competition.'

'Competition?'

'The mini competition we established while we were in the studio.'

'Oh. And you two are in a fight because of that?'

'The prize was a lollipop! Plus I sing way higher- I'm a girl.'

Kai raises his eyebrows. 'I'm surprised Baekhyun didn't choose something more... intimate. Like a kiss.'

'I chose the prize.'

'Oh.'

Baekhyun walks in at that moment, a frown on his face, only to see you sitting in Kai's lap with his arms around your waist. The frown deepens. You've done that plenty of times before, and he knows it's only friendly, but he can't help the jealousy rising from within. He steps away.

'Baekhyun. Get your arse over here so we can solve this problem between you and Jihee, and then you guys can go back to the admittedly better mode- that lovey-dovey affectionate kind,' Kris grumbles, folding his long arms behind his head. 

Baekhyun doesn't want to listen, but he has no choice, because Chanyeol hauls him to the couches and dumps him beside Suho. He refuses to meet your gaze.

'Okay.' Suho begins, steepling his fingers. 'The two of you are squabbling because neither of you want to admit that the other has the highest note.'

'That's because have the highest note,' both you and Baekhyun exclaim at the same time, before exchanging a heated glare.

Some of the EXO members look at each other, grinning knowingly. These two are so together. You and I both ship JiBaek or Baekhee or HeeBaek or HeeHyun, right? Yes we do. We ship it so hard. 

Suho shakes his head. 'Then we'll settle here.'

'How?' again both of you reply, at the same time. 

'Don't.' you hiss. 'Don't copy me.'

Baekhyun rolls his eyes at you.

'Do the competition again then. Here. Then we have 11 people to vote. And whoever sings the highest note will get a lollipop.'

'Yeah, sure,' the two of you agree, 'I'll win anyway.'

Another round of competitve glares is exchanged. 

'JIhee, you start.' Suho says.

'Su-'

'Hey guys, what's the point of this?' Chen butts in before you can sing anything.

Suho looks at Chen pointedly. 'We're settling who can sing the highest note.'

'And neither of them can sing the highest note.' Chen deadpans.

'What do you mean?'

'Exactly what I said; neither of them can sing the highest note.'

'Then who can?' Suho looks genuinely confused.

'Me. Duh. Remember Showtime? That prize is mine.' Chen says proudly.

Baekhyun looks at you the same time you look at him, and there's a second of silence before laughter fills the room. Eleven EXO members stare at the pair of you in disbelief as you bound over and jump onto Baekhyun, hugging him tight.

'Sorry I fought with you over a lollipop. I'm really sorry, Baekkie. Forgive me?' You do a cute face with your hand by your cheek and watch in delight as Baekhyun smiles lovingly and leans in for a kiss. 

'Of course I forgive you. You have to forgive me too.' And with that, he claims your lips in a gentle kiss.

'EWW PDA! SEHUN GO TO YOUR ROOM! THIS IS PG. NO! IT'S M! GO TO YOUR ROOM, MAKNAE, THIS IS OH GROSS- I HAVE TO WASH MY EYES OUT WITH DETERGENT-' Suho cries frantically, waving his arms out.

'Do you want me to help you?' Chen asks devilishly.

Suho stops moving for a moment to stare at Chen. 'With what?'

'Washing your eyes with detergent.' Chen rushes off into the kitchen and comes back with a familiar bottle of green liquid. 

'AHH LAY SAVE ME! NO, SEHUN SAVE ME! YOU'RE CLOSER! HELP, HELP!'

Baekhyun caresses your cheek and grins, whispering in your ear huskily. 'Though you do realise, although I said sorry for fighting, I still think I sing the highest note. Chen excluded from the competition.'

'Fine whatever. You have to buy me a million lollipops in return if I don't dispute that, though.'

Baekhyun nods, coming closer for another peck. 'I'd do anything for you, baby, anything.'

'Does that mean you'll admit I sing higher AND buy me lollipops?'

HOHO THE END. SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN XD No, he isn't. Not till next month.

Hmm, maybe the imagine wasn't sad enough as requested if I'm so hyper, but eh. HEY! I HAVE AN IDEA :P But I won't tell you what it is, teehee~ You'll find out eventually. That is, if the idea is ever put into action XD

VOTE! COMMENT! REQUEST! WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO! Thanks everyone! ~Dancing