Eyeliner (Baekhyun)

1K reads! Thank you everyone for the votes, for the reads and for the comments; they're really dear to me.

So I saw so many imagines featuring you, eyeliner and Baekhyun, and decided to write one as well, but it's different. Well, I think it's unique. Opinions differ. Enjoy!

She stares at the blue-lined manuscript paper which has remained stubbornly blank for the last hour. Her hand is poised over the sheet with an uncapped black pen, ready to note down any ideas, but she has has nothing to write. Fantastic.

It's the woes of being an author. Concerning one very irritating, temporarily brain-washing pest that hides itself in the form of fake plot bunnies. She calls it's dead bunnies, or trickster rabbits but it's invariably named 'writer's block'. It's terrible.

This writer's block rids of every single shred of inspiration she's ever had, and usually leaves her despondent for weeks at its devastating effects. It fills the mind with metaphorical water and makes it rusty; hence the cogs in her brain not working for ages. She hates it, and dreads it when she feels the symptoms of a new litter of 'writer's block'... And poor Baekhyun has to deal with it.

Though the sad thing is; there's no cure.

Because... The doctors... are not- She actually has no idea. And there's the very first signs of 'writer's block' creeping up again; having no idea.

But anyways. She shall nobly carry on with the story.

She thinks of all the times when she has come sprinting down the corridor into her office at an incredibly ungodly hour, sometimes at the crack of dawn or midnight, to write down a few sentences and plot bunnies (very much alive ones) down. And that's when things never go right, unlike right now, where she's sitting comfortably in her writer's chair and fiddling with her finely working pen (the only thing not working being her creative juices, but she blames it on 'writer's block').

Every thing is very unfortunate at those times where she has those crucial plotlines. Sometimes the light switch refuses to wake up for her (as if it even sleeps), and the rubbish bin containing her past scripts inconveniently is in the way as she fumbles around in the darkness. And it's in times like these, that she can't find paper, and has to resort to blindly scribbling on a post-it note under the stingy, dim glow of the old lamp with a tube of crappy 24-hour waterproof eyeliner that smudges, (despite any of the advertisements clearly stating that it shouldn't) because it's the first thing she can reach. If only she had moved her hand one more centimetre to the right; she would've gotten the lipstick instead.

The woes of being an author indeed.

And because she has nothing better to do, reader, ('writer's block' apparently still attacking her relentlessly with it's new army) she shall continue telling you the story concerning her, eyeliner and her boyfriend, Baekhyun.

She hurried into her office, hair tangled and the sash of her nightgown loosely twisted around her waist. She needed to find something to write on, preferably paper, and something to write with, preferably a pen. But she had no such luck, so she had to deal with writing on post-it notes (Did she already write something on it? She couldn't tell.) again with a tube of eyeliner. Baekhyun never minded her using his eyeliner because it was rather convenient (She really didn't know why she never caught her lipstick instead; she always felt a little guilty at using his stuff), as long as it wasn't his prized Maybelline tube.

She looked down at the label as she wrote, just to make sure it wasn't THAT one even though she was pretty sure that it was sitting safely on his bedside table, and did a double take when she saw the name, shining in the moonlight streaming from her window.

Maybelline Super Sleek Day Eyeliner (24 hour non-smudge and waterproof!).

Holy manuscripts in the name of Muses and literary goddesses. It was Baekhyun's PRIZED eyeliner. The SPECIAL tube that she took so much care NOT to touch. This was not good. She was going to be so screwed when he found out.

Baekhyun had never been angry with her, but she was sure as hell that this was going to be the first. Capping the eyeliner, she pocketed in her night gown and made her way back to their bedroom slowly. She was going to tell him now... Despite the fact that he was probably going to get even angrier because he got woken up in the middle of the night. It was probably going to be better than telling him at breakfast when he was within an arm's reach of a butter knife and fork. Sure, he was probably the best-tempered guy ever, but come on, this was his FAVOURITE eyeliner that she used to write a STORY with. He might not have been so bad if she used on her FACE.

Practically shaking, she went into their bedroom and muffled a scream when she saw him sitting up against the headboard, watching her with bleary eyes.

"Why are you awake, Baek? It's in the middle of the night," she reminded him meekly.

"I heard you running down to your office. Another important plot?" he asked, grinning wryly.

She nodded, lowering her head. "Ah, Baek. I have something to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I, ah kinda, uhm... ah... I-I used y-your favourite eyeliner by accident."

There was a brief silence.

"I'm really sorry, Baek. But I couldn't see anything and grabbed the first thing I could reach."

Baekhyun looked at her, his expression blank.

He was angry with her, wasn't he? He had every right to be though.

But instead of anything she expected, he laughed.

She raised her eyebrows at him incredulously.

And he continued laughing, slapping the bedsheets in mirth as he chuckled ceaselessly.

"A-aren't you angry?"

He stopped laughing.

Damn. He was angry. "Bad move, you idiot," she thought to herself.

Baekhyun patted the space next to him on the bed. "What are you doing standing there? Come back, it's warm here."

"Aren't you going to kick me out onto the couch?"

Baekhyun gave her a look of surprise. "When have I ever done that, and why am I about to start now? Why would I do that?"

"Because I used your eyeliner when you specifically said not to use that tube."

He shook his head. "Would've been nice, but it doesn't matter. Just come back in here."

She crawled back into bed and laid her head on his chest as he rested his chin on the crown of her head, stroking her hair softly.

"It's alright. They make it out that I love eyeliner most, but they don't know I love you more," he said.

She blushed and peered up at him.

He looked down at her and continued speaking evenly. "Though that story'd better be good; written with my favourite possession by my favourite person."

Dedicated this to Edaline... Because I admire her stories and I think I'm going to start dedicating imagines to random people.

Anyway, thank you all, and happy 1K reads! :)