After Hours (Kai)

Double update yay. Meaning 1 update for here, and I posted an EXO crack one-shot titled Aye, Captain! just then as well. If you're looking to (possibly) laugh, check it out =D I feel like I'm advertising too much heh =P

Jongin smells like printer paper, ironed fabric and spilt coffee. It's a strange thing to notice, but when he strides in, tie lopsided, hair tousled and shirt collars bent always, it's hard not to.

He pulls you into his arms, a warm, melting embrace. It's then that it's really hard not to notice. You inhale softly and your fingers tug softly at the bottom of his crinkled shirt. "I missed you."

Jongin also doesn't like to talk much. Outside, he's a social butterfly and renowned chatterbox, but at home, he seems to tone down with the volume. He chooses to act instead. Silently, he presses his lips to the crown of your head, still holding you, and then continues down past your ear to your cheek. His breath ghosts over you.

He drinks in the sight of you as you peck his lips. They curve up languidly. "I love you, you know?" you mutter into his neck.

A chuckle thrums beneath your fingers and he kisses your cheek. His hands, wandering, spell out his own love for you on your back. He knows.

"What did I do to please the gods so much they graced me with you?" he murmurs when you thread your fingers through his soft, cottony hair.

Your breathless laugh tinkles through the air. "Wow. You never cease to amaze me, Jongin. Your first words since coming home are not asking about how I am, but that kind of cheesy mess?"

"You love it," he states, and his breath tattoos the words into your skin, a gentle hum of airy confessions.

I do. "How were you today?"

"Nothing happened." He clarifies no further and guides you to the couch. You comfortably nestle yourself in between his legs and lean back. He's so warm.

"Nothing at all?"

"Nothing interesting. Just paper work, I guess."

"You smell like printer paper."

Jongin's hands slide around your waist, effectively bringing you even closer. "Do I?"

"You smell like coffee too. And honey?"

"Do you like it?"

You lay your hands on top of his. "Sure do."

"Good."

"Sorry to cut the cuddle short, but I'm going to get some coffee, okay? Smelling it makes me wanna drink some."

He lets go easily. "Sure."

Moments later, you're back where you were, sipping slowly. It spreads across your tongue like bitter silk.

Deftly, he steals the mug and drinks a mouthful. "You drink your coffee differently," he comments quietly before capturing your lips. "And you taste really nice."

You frown. "You're weird."

"Yep. Weird enough to date you," he retorts, sticking his tongue out.

"I'm wounded."

"Sorry." Not sorry.

"You lost the mood too."

"Yeah I know." Jongin shifts you until he can successfully get up and loom over you. He licks his lips and smirks. "So let's bring that romance back, shall we?"

The End. The worst ending ever. Cliché, dumb and unsuitable, I know. But because I'm so lazy and bored, I decided to update for the first time in forever (sorry, today I'm just relying on clichés to get my point across; my brain's not really working hard enough for any other solutions). I'm sorry. It's probably not really romancy enough either, huh? Should I re-write this?

Why update, you're probably asking? Because I haven't in a while. I know I should probably only update when I'm inspired, but then I'd never XD Oh well.

I'm going to retire to my mushroom farm in the far corner of the world. Bye! ~Kieva