Karaoke [Christmas Edition]

Chennie mah bias is here for a Christmas oneshot with yuu~ 'Kay I'm high.

Enjoy!

'Can I tell you a story of sheashons-'

'Seasons, Chen, not sheashons,' you correct.

He gives you a look that seems to say, I'm Kim Fricking Jongdae; I can sing what I like. Even if it is gulls and sheashons.

You huff and grab a microphone, busying yourself with watching Chen's antics instead of the screen displaying the lyrics. After all, you know every lyric, of every EXO song. Both Korean and Chinese. And you can sing them in flawless tones. Including the random English words that pop up. (A/N: If this was SuJu, you'd be looking at Spanish too; Swing, anyone? XD)

Because you're ___ Fricking ___.

'Mei yi zhang yi zhang sui pian pin tu bu neng ba wo jin gu~'

'Gull~' you continue, ignoring the fact that Chen has not finished singing yet and is currently pouting and trying to outsing you.

'Aniya, ___, let me sing!'

You stop singing for a moment to reply. 'Aniya, Chen, you sang the first few verses already; Tao and Kris' part!'

'But that's my part!!!'

'So?'

'So I'm supposed to sing it!'

'But it's my turn!'

'Hey! Not fair!' Chen makes a jump towards you in an attempt to steal your microphone but you yank it out of reach just in time.

You stick your tongue out. 'Mine. Tell me 'bout it, tell me 'bout it, shining star!' 

'Midnight zai deng wo de ni-'

'Qing ting zui dong ting de er yu!'

'Stahp it, jagi it's not funny anymore.' Chen frowns and puffs out his cheeks.

'It wasn't supposed to be.'

'So you were being mean on purpose?' Chen's eyes widen and he looks like a shocked little kid. 'Jagi~!' he whines, pulling at your shirt sleeve.

'Oh no, not like that. I can't be mean on purpose to you.' You remove his fingers clinging insistently from your shirt and pat his shoulder comfortingly.

His face suddenly lights up like a Krismas tree. You blanch and shuffle away a few steps.

'If you can't be mean to me, then you have to be nice and give me your microphone.'

'But I want to sing!' you say petulantly.

Chen grins smugly. 'Well, if you do, you'd be being mean to me, since it's technically my song and my part, and then you'd be lying!'

You gape. 'But- but you'd be being mean to me.'

'I never said anything about not being mean to you.'

An exaggerated cry excapes your lips and you turn away, pretending to be terribly upset.

It definitely works because Chen bounds up to you and pulls you into a backhug, rocking you from side of side.

'I'm so sorry, I wasn't trying to upset you ___,' he whispers, his breath unintentionally blowing against your neck.

You shiver and shove him off. Aish. 'Don't do that to my neck, you awkward meanie,' you huff.

'Sorry-ah, what can I do?' 

'Let me sing.'

Chen hesitates. He still really believes he should sing, but it's Christmas. And he does plan on cuddling at night, which he can't really do if she gets really annoyed and sleeps in the other room.

'Alright,' he says finally.

Your eyes widen. Woah. Did he just agree to you taking over his song? He must be feeling real nice.

'On one condition.'

Oh. There's conditions attached. Great.

'What is that?' you ask wearily.

'That we cuddle tonight. And that you bake cookies for us later.'

You roll your eyes. 'Yeah. Sure.'

'Deal?'

'Deal.'

'Okay. Sing.' Chen gestures to your microphone.

You turn but then realise that the song's over. 'Okay-'

'Session's up, jagi. We gotta go.'

You glare witheringly. 'What. Did. You. Just. Say.'

Chen gulps, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down nervously. 'Uhmm... I mean... we can just sing... karaoke at home, right?'

'What's there to do at home?'

'We don't have a karaoke machine at home, but we can always sing. And I'll buy chicken on the-'

'CHICKEN! OKAY, LET'S GO!'

'You manic.'

'Well you're the chicken.'

'What?'

'Nevermind. Let's just go and eat chicken.'

And that's how the two of you spend Christmas.

Sitting on the couch in front of the tv, belting out songs in each other's arms while of course, eating chicken.