Language Tutor (Kai)

Just sticking a quick Kai imagine here because I don't want to post 2 Lay imagines straight after each other. Enjoy! =)

You hurry into the studio, your hair tumbling out of your neat bun and cascading down your shoulders as your bag swings with your frantic pace.

"Désolé! Je suis en retard!" you gasp out between breaths. "I mean- Mianhae! Je suis- No- I-"

"Calm down, ___ it's just us," Luhan says calmly. 

"Oh," you mumble abashedly, "and I thought I was tutoring someone important the way the manager was saying it."

"Hey! We are important," Sehun protests, waving his arms around. "Pluth, you're teaching your cruthh. How can that not be important?" He follows it with heart fingers.

You scowl at him. "Thut up, Thehun," you snap, blushing a little.

"Don't mock my thpeech."

You stick your tongue out at him. "Mehrong~"

"Are you going to teach us or what?" Kai grumbles at the two of you, disgruntled. You're kind of pleased to note that he sounds jealous. At least you have a chance.

"Yah, don't be grumpy. Alright, I'll help you with your English pronunciations," you say, gesturing towards EXO-M and then pointing at EXO-K, "and you guys with your Chinese, right?"

They look at you. "Well, obviously."

You roll your eyes. "Ugh okay. How is this going to work? Ah!" Smiling, you rummage through your bag and pull out a perfect manila folder and then walk around handing the worksheets out. 

"What's this?" Lay asks, scanning the sheet blankly. 

"We're not in primary school anymore!' Tao argues.

You put your finger to your lips. "If you can finish it without any problems, I've got prizes."

Then there's silence and everyone is writing studiously. You shake your head. Boys.

As they work, you wander around, checking their work and pointing out mistakes. You've finished monitoring EXO-M and they seem fine. Now, EXO-K. 

"What is this?" you hear Kai mutter, frowning and tapping his pencil on his chin. You peer over his shoulder at the worksheet. There's scribbles here and there, some blank spaces and hastily written answers.

"Do you need help?" you whisper, and he jumps a little.

"No," he says stubbornly. "I've got it."

You laugh quietly. "You've been staring at the same question for the past 5 minutes."

"Fine. I need help," he admits, sheepishly. 

You settle down next to him. "So you can't translate this?"

"It has something to do with love."

You nod. "Mhm. It says wo xi huan qiao ke li."

Kai shrugs. "I still don't know what it means."

"Hint. Qiao ke li means chocolate."

"I like chocolate?"

"Good job." You give him a sweet smile and hand him a chocolate bar.

"Hey!" Kris shouts from across the room. "Why does he get a chocolate? Meanie! Favouritism!"

"Why are you so fluent with languages?" Kai whines. "Why can't I be?"

You pat his arm. "Well, you can't be good at everything. You're already too good at dancing."

His face lights up. "You think I'm good at dancing?"

"Yeah. Ni de tiao wu hen hao."

"Was that your dancing is very good in mandarin?"

You give him a thumbs-up. "Yup!"

"Hey! Why does Kai get private tutoring?"

"It's not exactly private, Luhan, with you guys here. And he needed help."

"But you want to be alone with him? You like him, don't you?" Sehun says slyly, smirking.

You groan. "Ugh... Sehun."

"Is it true?" Kai asks curiously, peering at you with such an adorable expression that you almost can't resist.

"So is it?" he repeats, warm brown eyes searching yours.

You peer down. You can't really lie with this one right? So you can only try to hide it with your best shot. Languages. "Oui, bien sûr," you say softly.

"Kris-hyung, can you translate that?"

"No. Can't speak French."

"It's French?"

"Yeah," Luhan cuts in, "it means 'yes, of course'."

You look at Luhan with an incredulous expression. "How did you know that?"

He smiles triumphantly. "You always say it. I figured it out soon enough."

Damn it!

"So you do like me," Kai says.

You cover your face with your hands as a furious blush creeps onto your face. "Ahh. Don't embarrass me."

Two arms surround your waist and reel you in. "Mm. It's alright ___. I like you too. Wo xi huan ni. Right?"

"Oi Lay," Kai calls across the room. Said member looks up. "Yeah?"

"Getting a girlfriend does improve your language skills and getting a girlfriend who's great with languages is even better."

Kai imagine and one about Lay next. Don't forget to vote and comment! Merci tout le monde!