Smart (Kris)

Enjoy!

Myriam is a smart girl.

Kris is girl-smart.

She solves the problems and he makes them.

They both can pick 'em out, just depends on what they're picking. 

He's Misbehavior.

She's Miss Behavior.

His name is spelt Kris. And Myriam found out that day, that his name also spelt Risk. 

~

Maths is dreary, even to a nerd.

You yawn and fold your arms on the table, watching the teacher scribble untidily all over the whiteboard. 

Baekhyun has stolen your book and is currently perusing it since he obviously hasn't paid attention since the start of the year and it's almost exam time. He's doodling in it now, and you quietly snatch your book back.

What the heck has she drawn this time? Before you rub off whatever he's drawn, your eye is caught by the ink-pen drawing. Well damn, you can't really rub that off, can you.

And you have to admit, it's quite an amusing picture.

A stick figure with huge glasses stares back at you with the label 'Mom = Maths Over Males' scrawled over the top. To finish the masterpiece, Baekhyun has drawn ridiculous hearts everywhere, added a long arrow pointing to the maths questions that you neatly copied in before and then put a cross over another (probably intended to be male) figure to illustrate his point.

You scribble across the top of the page and slide your book to Baek. Why MOM?

He chucks it back moments later. Well, it's easy to say, right? Plus, it's totally you. Motherly, nerdy, and lack-of-romance-in-life-y.

You glare at him. I resent that.

The truth hurts, mom.

"Class dismissed. Don't forget to do your homework!"

You stare at the whiteboard. Exercise 9.2, Q1-16, 19 (part A, C, E).

Doesn't seem too bad, you think, noting it in your book.

Beside you, Baekhyun groans. "17 questions, really? Why so much?"

~

After school, you always visit the library and do your homework on the table in the far corner, where it's peaceful and not a make-out area for stupid couples or gossipy I'm-whisper-shouting girls.

But since a few weeks ago, there's been a bit of a problem. One particular cocky blonde-haired guy from your class keeps walking around near the area you sit, and it's so freaking distracting.

Not because of his handsomeness. Seriously. It's because he has been loping around the far end and edging here and there as if some invisible ghost is haunting him and he's allergic to wood.

He's here again today.

You silently swear under your breath as you begin writing your working out for the last three parts of question 19 in your maths textbook. And out of your periphery, you can see Kris loping around and finally decide to sit two tables down. 

He's an idiot, you mentally note. You're shortsighted. Not blind.

Around 5 minutes later, he gets up and approaches your table, peering over the table for a few moments. He appears to be looking at Baekhyun's drawing from earlier. And appears to be quite amused too.