Competition on Valentine's Day

A late Valentine's story, sorry 😁 requested by @lexie1010. Enjoy! 💗

Ziva's POV
I walked into the squad room early in the morning. Today was the Valentine's day, and I was alone like the last 3 years. But this year, I thought about asking Tony to come over. I love him. I haven't told him though, I know he doesn't have feelings for me. I put my bags down and hung off my jacket when I realized the flowers, the box and letters on Tony's desk. Frustration raised my body. I looked around then walked over to his desk. I looked at his things. Happy Valentine's day! I love you Tony. Give me another chance. Jeanne. I looked at one of the letters. There it only stood, Hope to see you again, Zoe. I heard a ding and quickly rushed back to my desk. I was pissed. I would not have a chance with him. "Morning Ziva," Tony said, happily. I smiled at him then walked to the ladies room. I could not be around him right now. I was too mad, I needed to calm down first. I splashed water on my face and took some deep breaths. Looking into the mirror, I saw Abby come in. "You alright?" She asked and embraced me a hug. "Of course." I replied with a smile and hugged her back.

Tony's POV
Ziva acted weird when I came. I put down my things and looked at the things I had got. I opened and read the letters and cards. It was from Jeanne, Zoe and a couple of night stands I had the last weeks. I threw all the cards and letters in my trash can. I saw Ziva walking in and smiled at her. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Yes," she replied, shortly. I tried to read her, but as usaul she was like a wall. I opened my mouth to speak as the phone rang. I answered. "Jeanne," I said. "Tony, please give me a chance to explain. I want to meet you." Jeanne said. At that time, the elevator doors opened and she walked out. My jaw dropped. "Suprise," she said and hung up. My jaw dropped. Ziva looked up then quickly down again. "What are you doing here, Jeanne?" I asked. "Can we talk in private?" She said. I sighed and nodded. We walked over to the stairs.

Ziva's POV
I saw them walking away and felt my body fill with anger. I needed to calm myself before I would kill someone. "Can I go for a walk? I need a break, not feeling so well." I said to Gibbs. He looked up at me and said "sure Ziver". I nodded with a small smile. Then I grabbed my jacket and headed to the elevator. I walked out in the yard and sat down on a bench. Not long after I heard footsteps coming, I didn't bother to turn around. "Are you sure you are okay?" A sweet and familiar voice said. He sat down beside me. "I'm fine," I said. "Then why are you sitting here?" He questioned. I sighed and looked at him. I saw him holding a single rose in his hand. He handed me the rose and spoke up. "You are usually like a stonewall, impossible to read. But it's not so hard to figuring out that you are jealous of Jeanne. The thing is, I can't figuring out why you would be jealous at her. There's always only been one women in my life." He said. I waited on him to continue but he never did, instead he stood up and walked away. "Tony wait," I said, running up to him. I felt incredible dumb. "I'm sorry." I said. He smiled and put his hands at the back of my head and brought me into a kiss. I smiled. "Is this a rose from one of your bouquets?" I asked, jealous again. Tony shook his head. "Yes I hadn't time to buy one to you when I notice you were gone. If you come over tonight, I promise you I will have buy a bouquete to you." He said. I smiled and kissed him again.