Present on your day

A week ago

Ziva's POV
I knew Tony's birthday was coming up, and I want to do something for him. I just had mixed feeling about it. Me and Tony, are in a complicated relationship. We are not friends with benefits, or what Tony calls it. But we are neither just partners or friends anymore. I would say it just happened. And now we are often sleeping over at our's places, and we kiss but nothing more than that. I'm just worried if I do anything, he might get wrong impression and it might lead to other stuff, bad stuff.

Present time
I crawled under the covers and grabbed my phone on the nightstand. I put an alarm 5 minutes before midnight, I wanted to be the first one who congratulated him on his birthday. Then I put a second alarm at 9am. I put my phone at the nightstand and turned the light off, and went to sleep.
I woke up some hours later by my alarm. I turned it off and grabbed my phone. I began to write a message to Tony. Happy birthday Tony! I want to be a part of your special day, that's why I'm gonna pick you up at 3pm. I have planned a day and evening that I hope you will like. Hope all your wishes comes true and that you will have another fantastic year. I will see you later, happy birthday my beloved, Tony. Along with the message, she sended a picture. A picture where I hug him, and his arms around me and kisses his cheek. She put the phone on the nightstand again, and went back to sleep.

My alarm woke me up and I turned it off. Tony hadn't seen her message, he was probably still asleep. I got up, changed into running clothes and put my hair in a ponytail, and went for a 45 minutes run. When I came back from my run, I jumped into the shower. I dryed my body off and slipped on clothes then I did something for breakfast. I saw Tony had responded on my message. Thank you sweet cheeks. See you tonight. Afterwards, I drove to a mall. I needed to pick up Tony's present I had ordered. I also looked for something to wear. I found a simple black lace dress, ending above my knees, and with my back open. I buyed it then headed home again. I was happy Abby would fix the cake so I only had to clean my apartment. When I was done, I started to do my makeup. Just some eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss. Then I made my hair in big curls and changed clothes to my new dress. To that I took high heels, a purse and a jacket. Then I was ready to leave. I had 15 minutes on me before I would be at Tony's. I drove within a store to buy a bouquet of roses. Then I drove to him. I knocked on his door and he opened seconds later. I sang 'happy birthday to you' for him and he smiled. Then I handed him the bouquet. "Thank you," he said and hugged me. "I will just put these in water and change clothes, because I don't match you at all." He said and laughed. I smiled. I waited for some minute and he came back in a matching suit. "Ok let's go." I said and he locked his door. I drove to the movie theatre, where we would watch the new James Bond movie. Tony, of course, shine up as a sun. "I have seen the trailer of this movie and it looks so great. Thank you Ziva!" He said, thrilled, and kissed my cheek. I smiled and sat down at our seats. He sat the popcorn between us and leaned over to kiss me. I kissed him back as the movie slowly began. I never understand what was great with all James Bond movies, technical same things happens in every movie, so I started to count down the minutes til it ends. Tony is happy, and it's all that matters for me.

2,5 hour later
"Wow that movie was... impressing! The best birthday ever." He said and grabbed my hand. Our's fingers intertwined as we walked out to my car. He pushed me up against my car. "Thank you for today." He said and kissed me. "Who said we are done?" I smirked at him. "Ziva, you really don't have to do anything more for me." He said. "Okay, well, can you at least stay at my place tonight?" I said and closed the car door. "Uhm sure." He said smiling. I drove back to my place and unlocked my door. I let Tony in first. "Happy birthday!!" The team said, jumping out from places. He jumped and I smiled. He looked at me and I gave an innocent look back. "Thank you guys." He said and got a famous Abby hug. "Can't breath Abs." He said and she let go of him. "Oh oh I almost forgot your present." She said and got it. "Happy birthday Anthony," Ducky said. I walked into the kitchen. "How was the movie?" Abby asked. "Like all the others." I said. "He liked it?" She asked. "Yeah loved it. He's happy." I said with a smile. "Time for cake!" Abby said. "Blow out the candles." She said. And Tony did. We ate the cake and Tony opened some more present from Gibbs. Then the team left and we were alone. I let all the dishes be til tomorrow. Tony sneaked up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. "Thank you for today, tonight." He said. "Your welcome. But you haven't got my present yet." I said and pulled away from him. We sat down on the couch and he opened it. He gasped and had a huge smile on his face. "How did you get this?" He asked. I had buyed a limited edition of James Bond. "I have my ways." I said with a smile. "I have been looking crazy for this. Absolutely the best birthday ever!" He said. "Thank you." He filled in and hugged me. "What are we?" I asked. "Are we friends with benefits?" I said. "I hope not, I do love you." He said. "I hope you feel the same." He said. "I do, we just never talk about it. It have been confusing." I said. "But happy birthday Tony." I said and leaned in and captured his lips between mines.