Symphony

Autorstwa CarasVerity

The third book in the Series to Nothing Personal and Halcyon. Jack and Nikki are still working on their rela... Więcej

Picking up the Pieces
A Relaxing Afternoon
Boiling Point
Meltdown
All hands on Deck
Proceed with Caution
Buried Alive
Just to be Safe
Pushing the Boundary
Night Terrors
A Suggestion
Last Minute Nerves
Finally
Mr & Mrs Hodgson
Take a Turn
Birthday Girl
Paddling Pool
An old Friend
End of the Day
Parent's Evening
Keeping Promises
Disappointment
Heartburn
Identity
Coffee Shop
Curry or Pizza
Flirtatious Encounter
Cold Silence
My Secret
A visitor
Veterinary Center
A feline friend
Back to School
Only Time Will Tell
Relaxation
The Mop Bucket
I Pick Now!
Perfect Timing
Emotional
Debating
Three Girls
Reluctant
Accident Forms
Meeting
Statement
Another Arrival?
Sound Screening
Denial in the beginning
The Last Nerve
Audiologist Department
Make it up to You
Chewing Gum
Too Good to be True
A Busy Day
A Night on the Town
Slightly Intoxicated
Three Sheets to the Wind
Proud of the Mistakes
Blueberries for Breakfast
Auditory Perception
The Family Nanny
Pen lids
One Emotion to Another
You Never Know What's Around the Corner
Just Cuts and Bruises
Inheritance
Nutritional Value
Lunchtime
Feeling Guilty
Down the Stairs
Like a Teenager
How Far?
Agitated
Five Years
Funny Looks
Picnic Embarrassment
Getting the Energy Out
Calm before the Storm
A Calm Manner
Running Tests
Abandoning
The Institute
Caught Cheating?
Imminent Meltdown
Don't Give in
Head Screwed on
All too Much
Morning Cuddles
Prospectus
On the Specturm
Storming off
Communication
Wedding Anniversary
Run
Fire Drill
First Aid Kits
Thunder Storm
Not enough Room
Family Meal
Decisions to Make
Motherly Instinct
Morning Chatter
Day Out
Ghosts From the Past
Undercooked
Get it Over and Done With
Too Smart
Back to School
Dreaded Sweep
Slower than Usual
Pain Relief
Little bit of Help
Out of the Woods
Life is a Road
Home sweet Home
Lastest Recruit
Outcasted
Hard Work
What goes around
Pass it Round
The Lurgy
Rules of Family Life
Murdered with Words
Unexpected News
Coming to Terms
Decoding
Feeling Stupid
Beaming
Just tell them
Quality Time
It's Getting Closer
Uncomfortable Pressure
Booking in... Again
Late Night Window Talk
The Name Game

Never Change

120 2 1
Autorstwa CarasVerity

Poppy skips merrily through to the kitchen and looks up at her parents who are stood talking to each other. Poppy then walks over and scoops Merlin the kitten they kept from Milly's litter of kittens. She cuddles him tightly as the young cat lays calmly in her arms. She places Merlin now and walks over to her parents after hearing them talking, "Mummy you shouldn't worry, you don't want to upset the baby" Poppy smiles cheerfully as she places her hand on Nikki's bump.

"You're too sweet Poppy, never change" Nikki smiles warmly as she crouches down at Poppy's height.

Poppy steps forward and smiles at her Mum. "You're too beautiful Mummy, don't change" Poppy responds and steps forwards wrapping her arms around Nikki's neck, Poppy knocks Nikki off balance but luckily Jack is behind her and manages to keep her upright.

Jack helps Nikki up from her crouched position. "Who's coming to play Mummy?" Poppy asks.
Nikki looks at Jack a little unsure of how to tell Poppy that her estranged grandfather is coming round, "just a friend of Mummy's okay?" Jack speaks.

She nods happily at her parents before slipping off back to the playroom where Maddison is currently playing. "She'll be fine, you'll be fine, just don't stress I don't want this little one thinking it's okay to come early" Jack speaks with a smile as he strokes her bump.

"I'm being silly, but why are you doing this Jack, he's been dead to me for a very long time" Nikki sighs."Just let him see the girls, your his only child, let him have that mental image to hold of the girls," Jack pleads.

Nikki smiles slightly at Jack a little unsure about letting her 'dead' father back into her life or even her home, she is worried that he would try to get involved in her life again and then instantly let her down again.

Jack walks away from Nikki and lets Milly and Merlin out into the garden, Nikki sighs and rests against the counter running her hand over her bump and holding it slightly as she winces in pain.

The whole morning Nikki had been getting really bad Braxton hicks which occurred one after the other in ten-minute slots every hour. She turns around and grips the countertop and accidentally lets out a moan, Jack hears her and walks back into the kitchen to see her bent over holding the countertop. "Nik?" Jack panics as he rushes to her side. "Nikki talk to me," Jack speaks in a rushed tone as he places his hand on her back.

"Don't worry... it's passing," Nikki breathes as she unfolds herself and stands upright looking at Jack.
"I'm fine, promise..." She smiles still looking a little flushed in the face.
"I don't believe you," Jack speaks.

Jack raises an eyebrow at Nikki and takes his hand away from her back, "Braxton hicks, they're getting stronger now, don't worry she's not coming yet... I know this... Feel here that's her head," Nikki smiles as she grabs Jack's hand and places it on the side of her bump.
"As long as you're okay now... that can't be comfortable," Jack smiles slightly, Nikki sighs and steps forwards resting her head on his chest, "I know. She'll be here in good time," He adds.

Nikki smiles slightly as Jack wraps his arms around her, as they get comfortable in the hug the doorbell rings and Poppy dashes through to her parents, "Mummy's friend is here!" She announces.
"I'll go," Nikki speaks as she pulls away from Jack and heads through to the hallway.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

151K 2K 25
Completed. The third book of His Sister. I hope you enjoy it.
51.3K 650 117
Jack's flat is flooded and he comes to stay with Nikki, but will they be able to hold back their feelings for each other? Jack X Nikki Based briefly...
581 25 7
Follow Jack, Nikki and their daughter in their journey of life. Every chapter is different and it's where i just fantasise about their lives as paren...
16.2K 135 44
Temptation is big on Nikki's cards and she can't help but notice a dashing young Irish man in the workplace, although Nikki has a dilemma she is enga...