IncuBUST

By NixiethePixie13

In a world where humans know about the existence of supernatural creatures an incubus doesn't have it easy. E... More

Chase and Sissy
A Demon Bar?
Speed Dating...with Wood Nymphs
Horny Werewolves
Broken
The Thread of Life
Savior
Octavia
The Cleaners
The Basilisk and The Black Dog
The Morning After
The Gift
Penance
Vegans Do It Better
Wolves Without Teeth
Out on the Town
Primordial Child of Chaos
Paralyzed
Eros and the Witch
The Emancipation Proclamation
Moving In
Sissy Reacts
Sissy Meets Octavia
Peach and Cherry
Characters
Geometry
Sexy Evil Genius
Weird Like How?
Infatuated
I Know
Makeover
Time to Go
Barapha
Fire and Ice
Feeling Alive
Ice Cold
Charmspeak
Curses
Everest
Pig
Muzzle
Officer
Breaking and Entering
Cracking Ice
A Million Things
Maybe Not
Defiled
Scream
Family
Breakfast
Boyfriend
I Understand
Sharing is Caring
Laundry
Jessica
Taylor
Perfect Justice
Shopping Spree
Quetz
Second Time
Devourer of Innocents
Amphithere Problems
Flying Away
Enchiladas
School Days
Mean Girls
The Part Without Chase
The Other Part Without Chase
Coming Home
Horns
Soar
Stars
On Fire
Black Tie
The Lob
Cake
Together
Confrontation
Intruder
Memory
Cheetah
Nekomata
Ultimatum
The Will
The Suburbs
Tour
August
Gatekeeper
Contact
Identification
Angel Wings
The Park
When Your Family is Human
Gratitude
Bloody Innocent
I Know How You Feel
Scandal in Belgravia
Patience Moran
On the Ice
Thorn
Timid
Hot Chocolate
Inappropriate
Hard Bargain
The Cave
Used to This
Ice and Snow
Mixed Up
Relax
Fresh Air
Popcorn
Nude
You Need Me
Reckless
Child's Play
Furnace
Fascinating
Octavia Returns
Dear Ophelia
Tam-Tam and Kenz
Safe
Nymph Yoga?
Numb
Teacher
Stay Away
Blood
This Beautiful Creature
Finally
Don't Be Suspicious (Octavia)
The Usual Suspects
Report
The Iron Lance
Madigan
Pick-Me-Up
Breathless
Aftercare
Arrested
That's Hot
Retaliate
Pizza
Told You So
Gentle
Blackout
Confession
Head over Heels
Dirtbag
Scrabble
Strump
How Was Your Day?
Orange Zinger
Exhibit A
Tawnie
Sýko
It's All Greek
Reveal
Red Hands
Chakras
About Niki
My Fear or Yours?
Montana
Recycle
Tequila
Keys
Real Subtle
Backup Boyfriend
I Thought So
Time
The World
Tell Me Everything
Party
H*e Phase
Encounter
Sing!
Hawaii
Cheekbones for Days
Kindling
Kinky
Prey
Where Did the Whale Go?
Overheating
Goodnight
Live-Well
Taken
My Pounding Heart
Who Wants to go Hunting?
CRACK!!
One Down

A Day in the Life of Chase McManus

216 11 0
By NixiethePixie13

I left behind an angry car loop full of parents and only had to speed a little bit to make it to work on time.

"Chase, where have you been? We have an appointment at nine!" a small Japanese woman cried as I entered the staff lounge and clocked in.

"I know. I'm sorry. I had a thing this morning," I replied draining the last of my Chai tea latte and stuffing my phone, wallet and keys into my locker.

"A thing?" the woman asked and when I turned to look at her she was right behind me her emerald green eyes wide with curiosity. I took a step back and replied, "Just a girl I had to drop off at the high school."

She leaned forward and sniffed at me her pupils narrowing to vertical slits. She grinned showing off a row of pointy white teeth.

"Did Chasey finally get a human?" she asked and I sighed responding, "No, Nora, I did not get a human. She's just a girl that lives with me now for...reasons." Nora sighed and rolled her big green eyes the furry black ears on top of her head twitching.

"First appointment is here. I'll check them in then you can take them to an exam room," she said whisking out of the room.

I sighed and followed after her coming into the waiting room and seeing a middle aged woman at the desk confirming an appointment. Her daughter was sitting in one of the chairs with a small terrier puppy quivering in her lap.

I walked over to them and smiled politely. She smiled back awkwardly and I asked, "Can you follow me to exam room one please?" She nodded and stood up and her mother joined us and we walked down a short hallway entering the first room on the left.

I closed the door behind them and took the folder from the pouch on the back of the door. I turned to face the two ladies and the puppy and I asked, "So who do we have here?"

The girl looked down at the puppy curiously exploring the exam room to the full extent of her leash and she replied, "This is Charley. We just got her yesterday.

"Hi, Charley," I said crouching down so the puppy could sniff me. I scratched the little dog behind her ears and she stared up at me with big brown eyes. I grinned and mumbled, "You're so cute."

I wanted a pet, but I'd have to rely on Sissy to take care of it while I was at work and well...I had a plant once, peace lilies, and all I asked was that Sissy set it by the window for a couple of hours for some sunlight and fresh air.

They made it five days.

We had a lot of animals when we were kids; cats, goats, a few pigs, but those were working animals. I wanted a pet that's sole purpose was just to sit there and be cute and cuddly. 

Sigh.

I stood up and asked the girl, "Can you put her on the table and take her leash off, please?" She nodded and gently scooped the puppy up off the floor and placed her on the table unhooking the red leash from the pink halter.

The girl was odd. She smelled like a Mythic and her aura was spiking with power, but I couldn't tell what she was. I was usually quite good at it. What was more odd was that her mother was human.

I coaxed the little dog onto the scale and recorded her weight at 8.41 pounds. Maybe the girl took after her father. Some Myths skipped a generation but it was rare. Some even seemed to pop up out of nowhere out of completely human family lines...or so I had heard.

"So what are we here for today?" I asked looking up at the girl and her mother. The girl glanced at me and replied, "Just a well check and shots. Also the rescue we got her from had her spayed and her incision opened up and we wanted to see what we should do about it."

I nodded and turned to grab the thermometer off the counter behind me. I pet Charley on the head and said, "Alright. We'll take her temp and test for worms and get her shots and the vet will be in in a little bit to check out her incision, okay?" The girl smiled tentatively and nodded in understanding keeping the puppy focused on her while I took its temperature and a sample for the worm test.

I didn't know if this puppy was just unnaturally calm or if it was her owner but she didn't seem to really notice I was there. I glanced at the girl and said, "I'll be back with the shots."

"Okay," she replied and I saw her eyes change color. Not like light brown to gold in the right lighting, but from dark brown to magenta like a mood ring. It was rude to ask another person's Myth especially if you were strangers in a professional setting, but her aura was whack and it was making my skin buzz.

I left them in the exam room and went to get the first year shots. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193 5 21
The biggest rule at Spiritual Salem for witches: stay away from the incubus and succubus. Because once they're in, they can't get out-no-they won't g...
His By TaeMD

Fantasy

1.3M 55.4K 43
She was lonely She wanted someone to calm the storm inside. She had waited for him for over 300 years. And when she finally found him... She wanted...
50.3K 1.4K 52
We've heard of the usual supernatural entourage; werewolves, vampires, angels and all that but.... have you ever heard of a succubus? No? Let me give...
133 13 14
A young girl comes to grips with fear at a time of peace in The Realm.But peace is a relative term it seems.The days ahead will change folks lives fo...