IncuBUST

By NixiethePixie13

In a world where humans know about the existence of supernatural creatures an incubus doesn't have it easy. E... More

Chase and Sissy
A Demon Bar?
Speed Dating...with Wood Nymphs
Horny Werewolves
Broken
The Thread of Life
Savior
Octavia
The Cleaners
The Basilisk and The Black Dog
The Morning After
The Gift
Penance
Vegans Do It Better
Wolves Without Teeth
Out on the Town
Primordial Child of Chaos
Paralyzed
Eros and the Witch
The Emancipation Proclamation
Moving In
Sissy Reacts
Sissy Meets Octavia
Peach and Cherry
Characters
Geometry
Sexy Evil Genius
Weird Like How?
Infatuated
I Know
Makeover
Time to Go
Barapha
Fire and Ice
Feeling Alive
Ice Cold
Charmspeak
Curses
Everest
Pig
Muzzle
Officer
Breaking and Entering
Cracking Ice
A Million Things
Maybe Not
Defiled
Scream
Family
Breakfast
Boyfriend
I Understand
Sharing is Caring
Laundry
Jessica
Taylor
Perfect Justice
Shopping Spree
Quetz
Second Time
Devourer of Innocents
Amphithere Problems
Flying Away
Enchiladas
School Days
Mean Girls
A Day in the Life of Chase McManus
The Part Without Chase
The Other Part Without Chase
Coming Home
Horns
Soar
Stars
On Fire
Black Tie
The Lob
Cake
Together
Confrontation
Intruder
Memory
Cheetah
Nekomata
Ultimatum
The Will
The Suburbs
Tour
August
Gatekeeper
Contact
Identification
Angel Wings
The Park
When Your Family is Human
Gratitude
Bloody Innocent
I Know How You Feel
Scandal in Belgravia
Patience Moran
On the Ice
Thorn
Timid
Hot Chocolate
Inappropriate
Hard Bargain
The Cave
Used to This
Ice and Snow
Mixed Up
Relax
Fresh Air
Popcorn
Nude
You Need Me
Reckless
Child's Play
Furnace
Fascinating
Octavia Returns
Dear Ophelia
Tam-Tam and Kenz
Safe
Nymph Yoga?
Numb
Teacher
Stay Away
Blood
This Beautiful Creature
Finally
Don't Be Suspicious (Octavia)
The Usual Suspects
Report
The Iron Lance
Madigan
Pick-Me-Up
Breathless
Aftercare
That's Hot
Retaliate
Pizza
Told You So
Gentle
Blackout
Confession
Head over Heels
Dirtbag
Scrabble
Strump
How Was Your Day?
Orange Zinger
Exhibit A
Tawnie
Sýko
It's All Greek
Reveal
Red Hands
Chakras
About Niki
My Fear or Yours?
Montana
Recycle
Tequila
Keys
Real Subtle
Backup Boyfriend
I Thought So
Time
The World
Tell Me Everything
Party
H*e Phase
Encounter
Sing!
Hawaii
Cheekbones for Days
Kindling
Kinky
Prey
Where Did the Whale Go?
Overheating
Goodnight
Live-Well
Taken
My Pounding Heart
Who Wants to go Hunting?
CRACK!!
One Down

Arrested

63 4 0
By NixiethePixie13

A few days later I was at work. It was around midday, and I was sitting in the breakroom scrolling absentmindedly through YouTube Shorts when my text alert sounded. I clicked off of YouTube and opened my messages. I smiled. It was from Octavia.

OCTAVIA: OMG! You are never going to believe this!

ME: Believe what?

OCTAVIA: Ethan, Brandon and Gage were arrested.

I peered at the phone in confusion and typed, Who?

OCTAVIA: The little creeps that assaulted you! I've been texting Augie back and forth the entire lunch period. She has Trig with Ethan and she said that the COPS walked right into class and escorted him out! I wish I could have seen it!

I blinked at the screen. She was right. I was having trouble believing what she just said. I never actually expected the police to do anything with the report that Sissy and I filed, especially not this quickly.

I felt anxiety suddenly roiling in my stomach. Were they the police's problem now? Would they handle everything from here? Did they expect anything else from me? Would there be a court case? Would I need a lawyer? Were these children really a part of the Iron Lance? Were their parents? Would they come after me for getting their children in trouble? Would they come after Sissy? Or...

"Oh my god," I gasped my vision blurring as my heart beat erratically in my chest. I scrambled for my phone and typed, You have to get out of that neighborhood now! I had to backspace and retype several times before sending.

OCTAVIA: Ugh! Yes! You've finally come to your senses! Tomorrow is Saturday. I'll pack up my stuff and get Niki to drive me to the park near Watermill. Then you can pick me up. I'll stay with you and Sissy until I get a job and get emancipated.

ME: No. I'll pick you up from school today. You CANNOT go back to that neighborhood!

I was in a blind panic. My palms were sweating. I could hear blood pounding in my ears.

OCTAVIA: But my stuff.

ME: Text Nikolai to pack it all up. He can drop it off at the vet's office. You can't go back there.

She was silent for a long time. Nora had just come into the breakroom to yowl that my break was over and that I was needed in exam 3 when Octavia finally replied, Alright. School ends at 2:15 today. I'll be waiting in the car loop.

I sighed and got up to check on exam room 3 texting, Good. I'll be there. 

***************************************************************************************

"I don't understand why I can't go back to Aunt Charlotte's house to get my clothes and my--"

"I can't look at your hands while I'm driving, O," I said as I pulled out of the car loop and onto the street. She sighed and sat back in the seat crossing her arms over her chest. We came to a stoplight, and I glanced at her. She repeated her gestures, and I turned back to the road as the light flashed green.

"It's not safe," I replied, and she began signing frantically. I shook my head and said, "Let's just discuss this at home."

"What do you mean, it's not safe?" Octavia asked as we climbed the stairs up to my apartment, "I thought you wanted me to move in with my aunt because it was safer than being here."

"That was before I found out Watermill is crawling with Iron Lance!" I exclaimed and she looked at me stopping on the third-floor landing.

"What's this really about, Chase?" she asked, and I sighed glancing up and down the stairs before replying, "When they threw the balloons at me, those boys shouted..." I trailed off suddenly unable to say it.

"What?" Octavia asked and I took a deep breath hugging my arms around myself. I stepped closer to her and whispered, "Murderer. They threw balloons filled with blood at me and called me a murderer."

"Oh, Chase--" Octavia began before I grabbed her hands and said, "The only people who know I killed your father are your aunt and cousins...and you."

"Well, I didn't tell them!" Octavia exclaimed whipping her hands out of mine.

"I know--"

"And Augie and Celeste would never. Neither would Niki. He's still pining over you," she said, and I felt my face grow warm. I shook my head and murmured, "I know, I know, but what about--"

"Charlotte!" she emphatically spelled, and I met her gaze. A moment later we continued up the stairs, Octavia saying, "I mean she's definitely anti-Mythic, but she would never do something illegal or let someone do something illegal on her behalf."

I stared at her and wondered how she could say something with such confidence about someone she barely knew. I decided to humor her by saying, "Sure, but what if, in her grief, she confided in one of her friends? Perhaps the parents of one of those boys. Perhaps a member of the IL who then decided to take things into their own hands."

We stopped by the door of the apartment, and she signed, "You're being paranoid. They saw you fly out of their neighborhood, freaked out and jumped to conclusions. They assumed you were Dark and that all Darks are murderers. You're giving them way more credit than they deserve." I smiled softly at her and said, "Maybe you're right."

I went to unlock the door and continued, "Even so, I'm responsible for them being arrested and from what you said about that Ethan kid's dad, I'm convinced..." I trailed off as I found that the door wasn't locked. I pushed it open and stepped inside. My eyes widened at what I saw on the other side.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

552K 25.4K 72
Fruit Series (Book 1) Chloe is an incubus who has always pitied other species because of the "Mate Complex" as he calls it. Why would anyone WANT t...
His By TaeMD

Fantasy

1.3M 55.4K 43
She was lonely She wanted someone to calm the storm inside. She had waited for him for over 300 years. And when she finally found him... She wanted...
43.9K 2.7K 47
In a world where all different creatures roam openly. There is only one rule that holds true. Stay true to your kind. A simple rule to those who we...
759 22 18
This is where I confusingly ramble on and on about Werewolves, but somehow it makes sense. All nerds welcome. This is a safe space, this is a ✨nerd✨...