Small Gathering

~Calum's POV~

I was abruptly woken by sun pouring through the window. I sat up realizing I had fallen asleep on the floor. I looked around to see clothes, posters, and other random objects thrown randomly around my room. I stood up and looked around the room around in shock at everything skewed around. I then saw a my bass laying broken by the neck in the corner. I cried out and ran over to it hovering over my prized posession.

As I sobbed not caring if everyone heard me. "Calum?" Ashton asked slowly opening the door. "What?" I said. "What's wrong?" Ashton asked inching towards me. "My bass." I cried. "Oh my god. Calum it's okay." Ashton said slowly crouching down next to me. The boys knew music was a big passion of mine so my bass was my life and how I expressed my feelings. "It's going to be okay. I'll get you a knew one." Ashton said rubbing my back. "It's not! You got this for me! It's important!" I sobbed. "It's okay." Ashton sighed. "Are you sure?" I asked looking at Ashton. "Yes. It's fine Calum." Ashton smiled. "Thank you!" I smiled hugging Ashton. "Your welcome. We will go tomorrow." Ashton smiled.

"Hey it's quiet. Where is everyone?" I asked. "Luke and Michael are sleeping and NIko and Emily are at school." Ashton responded. Managment had pulled the band out of school during winter break so they could go around more. Our parents were unsure but they all gave in at one point. "Can I invite Taylor over then? She's really fun to hang out with and she's not on tour or out of state and Niko would freak out if she saw her when she gets here. I kinda want to just hang out today and stay happy." I said. "Sure! That would be fun. It's Taylor Swift anyway! I'll start cleaning up. Even if she doesn't come this house needs to be cleaned anyway." Ashton smiled standing up walking out to the hallway. "Thank you Ash! I'll call her now!" I said.

I opened my phone and scrolled to Taylor's contact. I clicked on her number and waited a few seconds till she ppicked up. "Hey Taylor!" I said. "Hi Calum!" Taylor's voice said. "I was wondering if you want to come over and hang out today! We have a pool at our new house and it would be fun if you could see it." I said. "Sure! Is it just you guys?" Taylor asked. "Yes and no. Michael's sister Emily and Ashton's girlfriend Niko are going to be coming home a little bit later." I said. "I met Emily at a award show. I've never met Niko before though." Taylor said. "Well Niko's a huge fan of you so beware." I laughed. "That's fine it dosen't bother me." Taylor said, "I'll be over in a hour". "Okay cool, see you then." I said hanging up.

I put my phone in my pocket and got all my clothes and stuffed it under my bed. I then walked to the living room where Luke was playing fifa. "Taylor's coming over in a hour to hang out and swim so." I said. "Taylor Swift?" Michael asked from behind me. "Yes Swift." I groaned, "And please change out of your boxers." "I'll go get ready." Michael said walking upstairs. "Good." I said walking into the kitchen where Ashton was putting stuff away. "Taylor will be here in a hour." I told him. "Okay. I'm gonna finish putting this away and then I'll get changed." Ashton said. "We are gonna hang by the pool so wear swimtrunks." I said.

"How are you feeling?" Ashton asked. "Better." I said. "So. Are you gonna tell the others." Ashton asked putting a stack of plates in the cabinet. "No. I don't really want to. I probably wasn't thinking yesterday." I said. "Okay. I'm going to go change." Ashton said walking upstairs.

--1 hour later --

I sat on the couch watching Luke and Michael playing FIFA. As I started to doze off then a knock at the door. "I'll get it." I said standing up. "Okay." Luke said focused on the TV screen.

I opened the door to see Taylor standing there. "Hey Taylor come on in." I said putting on the cheesiest smile moving out of the way. "Thanks! I haven't seen you guys in forever. How's your career and such been?" she asks. "Great." I said, "We have a new couple songs planed so we are excited to release them." "That's great." Taylor said.