What's That

~Troye's POV~

I saw more people coming in the halls after Ashton had left. I smiled when Niko walked over to me. "Do you know where Ashton is? He ran off earlier," she asked. "No sorry," I said grabbing her hand and walked towards History. "Oh okay," Niko said looking down. "What? What happened," I asked. "Nothing," she said shaking her head. "Something's wrong what is it," I asked slowing down. "Nothing," she said more harshly. I completely stopped and faced her. "Please tell me," I said leaning towards her. "Lease stop," Niko said pushing me off. As I nodded and stepped back I saw a note in her bag signed -Ashton. "What is that," I questioned pulling out the note.

"Nothing!" Niko said trying to grab it back. I stuffed the note in my backpack and started walking again. "Troye!" she cried running up to me, "What was that for?" "I'm protecting you," I said. Niko slowly nodded and faced away. "What," I asked. "I don't need protection," she muttered. "I don't completely trust him okay," I said walking towards her grabbing her shoulder. "Mhm," she muttered not looking at me.

I bit my lip and scratched my head, "Sorry". "You could have told me you don't trust him," she said turning around. "It won't happen again," I nodded. "It better not," she scolded wrapping me in a hug. I smiled and walked to class with her.

When I went in I saw Michael with his head on the table and Calum trying to get him to look up. Connor and JC sat behind them so Niko and I sat in front of Michael and Calum. When class started our normal teacher Mr. Watson didn't come in. Instead a sub came in. "Hello class I'm Mr. Miranda your sub today. Since there is no lesson plan you guys can talk and play on your phone," the sub said.

Everyone cheered and pulled out their phones. I pulled out mine and texted Niko even though she was right next to me.

Me- Hello how are you?

I heard Niko giggle and she replied,

Niko- Good thank you for asking Mr. Sivan

I laughed and kissed her forehead. I heard Calum cough loudly. "Um," Calum said looking at us and the sub. Niko laughed and turned back around.

We where all sitting there when Michael shot up. "Excuse me Mr. Clifford are you okay?" the sub asked. "I-I need to go," he stuttered grabbing his backpack. "Michael," Calum yelled as Michael ran outside. Calum grabbed his bag and ran outside as well. "Well then," the sub nervously laughed. I opened the texting app and texted Calum asking,

Me- What's up with Michael?

He replied quickly saying,

Calum- He got a text from Emily saying that Ashton had a nervous breakdown at the asylum because if something to do with notes and lockers.

I showed Niko the text and she looked really worried. Then the bell rang. "Ditch?" I asked. She shook her head, "Important choir class". I nodded, "See you later". "Bye," she said, "Love you".

I went to my car and hopped in. I opened my backpack and grabbed the note from Ashton. I decided to read it. I opened it and was so pissed when I read it. It said,

The day I met you, my life changed...

the way you make me feel is hard to explain.

You make me smile in a special kind of way... you make me fall deeper in love everyday.

I threw the paper at the window and started the car. I couldn't control my anger. I had to do something to calm down. I didn't know how to control it. What could I do. What. Could. I. Do. I know what to do. Someone needed to get a visit.

Ashton needed company,

Right?