Protection

~Michael's POV~

I sat on the cold bathroom floor with Emily leaning on my shoulder fast asleep. I started to tear up when I realized I wasn't protecting her. Being her big brother I needed to protect her. I failed though, again.

FLASHBACK

"MICHAEL," Emily screamed from behind the middle school building. "AGH," I heard Niko yelp. I ran behind to see Emily crouched down holding her wrist and sobbing. Niko was huddled in the corner with Ashton in front of her.

"Came to join us Michael," a strange voice said behind me. I turned around to see 4 kids in hoodies. I tried to run for help but they shoved me to the ground. "Michael," Emily whimpered as one of the guys dragged her by her hair to the opposite corner of Niko and Ashton. Calum scrambled over to Emily and is checking for injuries. I slowly start to crawl over to Emily when one of the guys pulls me up and shoves me to the wall. I see Emily stand up and fall into Calum's arms. She tried to walk again but, again, fails to. Niko and Ashton scramble to the school as Calum and Emily are pushed back.

I punch one of them as hard as they can and they run off. Calum was carrying Emily because she had a bad ankle. At that moment I realized at failing to protect her.

END OF FLASHBACK

I shudder at the memory and carry Emily and place her with Connor. I walk to the nearest wall and hit it with my fists as hard as I can. Did I hurt Luke? I was drunk at my party. Who did the blood though?