Break Your Heart Right Back

Connors POV~

I felt the strong alcohol slide down my throat as I slammed the now empty glass on the bar table.

" You good?" JC asked running his finger around the edge of his drink. "Sure. Whatever you want to think." I responded smoothing out my jean jacket as I stood up. JC stood up as well while leaving a $10 behind for the bartender.

"Man I know that some shit is going on with you right now but cool it. Your annoying when your mad." JC said. I scoffed walking through the empty bar. "Also it's fuckin 11am and you make me drive you to a bar across town! What the fuck? I'm not your driver." He said raising his voice ever so slightly.

"Then why did you drive me." I asked walking outside the bar, looking around at the cloudy sky. "I don't know man. I don't know. I guess cause I felt bad. But now I don't. I'm fucking tired of your moping." JC complained walking towards his car. "Lame excuse." I muttered following him.

As we drove along the freeway, the silent hum of the air conditioner made the ride more awkward. "So, prom?" I said slowly looking at JC. "Yeah what about it." "It's tomorrow and I haven't asked anyone and I don't think you have either." I said. "You don't need a date to go firstly. And secondly why do we even need to go. Just use the fake ID and go clubbing." JC said as if it was obvious.

"This is a once in a lifetime experience we will never have again though." "Are you serious right now. You can do other things like this in your life. It just won't have the title Prom in pink frilly letters with some stupid theme." JC groaned.

"Whatever then. I may not go anyways." I sighed. "Well let's talk about something exciting then shall we!" JC said, his frown turning into a smile, "Halloween!" I hummed in response nodding my head slowly. "Come on it'll be a fun day." JC said punching my arm lightly as he pulled off the freeway to his apartment I was staying at with him.

"How so?" I asked getting out of the car. "Well I heard that maybe Michael was throwing party." JC said following me upstairs to the complex. "Great I'll be in the same house as Emily." I said sarcastically. "It's a huge party it's not like you'll see her. She will be probably hanging out with friends anyways." JC said groaning, "Come on man loosen up."

"Whatever I'll go." I shrugged. "It can't be that bad." "That's the spirit!" JC chirped slapping me on the back "Now we need to pick a costume." "Oh god."

Calums POV~

After the One Direction boys left I sighed in frustration realizing that Michael, Emily, Luke and I would all have to go in for questioning on Ashton's sudden disappearance.

"Are you guys ready." I asked Luke as they sat at the dinning table. "Let's get this over with." Michael said standing up abruptly and walking outside to the car. We all piled in the car remaining silent.

"So, who are you going to prom with Emily?" Luke asked trying to break the silence. "I don't know prob-" she began before being cut off. "She's not going." Michael said quickly not looking up from his phone.

"That's not fair Michael." Emily said. "Your. Not. Going. End of conversation." Michael said looking up slightly.

"Here." Our driver said as we pulled up to the station. I got this I said to myself as I walked inside holy shit no you don't. While Michael, Emily and I sat down, Luke let the cops know we were here.

Twenty minutes later a cop came out. "Calum Hood?" he called. "That's me." I said slowly getting up and walking towards him. "Good luck man" Luke smiled.

"Full name?"
"Calum Thomas Hood"
"Relation to Ashton Irwin?"
"Best friend."
"Ashton's enemies if you know of any?"
"Maybe, hm, oh I know! Troye Sivan is who I can think of."
"Okay, anyone who you would think would want to hurt Ashton?"
"No one comes to mind honestly."
"Thank you Calum. You can leave now."
"Thank you."
"Wait! One last question. How much do you miss him?"
"As much as you can think times infinity."