Open the Door

~Niko's POV~

Troye and I decided to go home early so we could have dinner together. Even though we lived in separate places, Troye mostly was at my place.

"I'll meet you here around 6ish," Troye said kissing my forehead and walking to his car. I decided to visit Ashton since he left in a hurry. I hopped in my car after Troye drove off and started driving.

As I finally arrived and saw Ashton car. Yes he's here. I ran in the complex and heard singing from a few doors down. That was obviously Ash. I walked over and knocked on the door. It became silent. "I know your in there. Open up," I laughed. I heard him grumble and slightly open the door. "Hi! Are you okay? You left pretty early," I asked. "Yeah I'm fine. Nice seeing you bye," Ashton stammered slamming the door.

I heard footsteps behind me. I turned to see Troye standing there. "Oh hey, I forgot you lived in this complex," I laughed. He smiled and hugged me, "What are you doing here". "Trying to see if Ashton is okay but he won't talk to me," I said. "Let me try," Troye said knocking on the door. "Ashton! It's Troye. Open the door for Niko and I please". Ashton opened the door with his phone in one hand on speaker. "Ash? Are you there," I heard a voice say from the phone. "I'll see you later Cal. I got to go. Text me later. Oh and I'll be at band practice," Ashton stammered and turned his phone off.

"Hey, can we come in," I asked again. "Sure," Ashton faked smiled opening the door wider. Troye and I walked in and sat on the couch. "Troye, can we talk alone," I whispered. "Oh. Sure! See you at 6," Troye said heading out the door. He smiled at Ashton and walked out. "What," Ashton said looking down. "What happened," I asked. "I'm sick. I think it's the flu but I don't really know," Ashton said. "Okay. Get better," I said walking towards the door, "Get better! See you later".

"Goodbye Niko," he stammered. "See you at school I laughed. "Goodbye Niko," he said and as I walked out the door he slammed it. Okay he isn't in the best mood.

I drove home to see Troye sitting at my doorstep. "It's 6:05 your late," he said angry. "I'm sorry," I whimpered. "Don't worry I'm kidding!" Troye laughed. "Thank god," I laughed we walked inside.

-3 hours later-

After Troye left from dinner I decided to go to bed early. I changed into a large white T-shirt and some light blue shorts and threw my hair in a ponytail. As I pulled my covers I heard a piece of paper crumble from under my pillow. I lifted up my pillow to find a note. I hopped in my bed and unfolded it. It was from Ashton.

After I had read it I sat on my bed tear slowly falling on the page. I looked at the time to see it say 12:00 am. I had school today. Crap. I put a timer on my phone and fell asleep.

When I woke up the time said, 6:30. Okay good I have time.

I sat up and changed into skinny jeans, converse, and a floral tank top. I straightened my hair and grabbed a apple for breakfast. I pulled out my backpack from under the dinning room table and remembered to grab my phone. I walked in my room and grabbed my phone. Before I forgot I grabbed Ashton's note and placed it in the back of the towel drawer.

I ran to my car and hopped in. I didn't want to be late on my first day back from winter break. I turned on the radio to here She Looks So Perfect. Great I get to here Ashton playing the drums.

As the song went on I started memorizing the lyrics. After a few verses the song was stuck in my head. Great once again. I finally pulled up to the school and hopped out. I saw Troye which was a surprise since he was still in the Asylum and was supposed to have a private tutor. "Troye! I didn't think you would be here," I said running over to him.

"They said I have to be social," Troye laughed. I giggled and walked with him to his locker. I pulled out my phone and started going through twitter. "Anything good," Troye asked. I shook my head and started to walk with Troye to our 1st period. I saw Michael walking down the hall with Calum. "Where's Emily," I asked stopping him. "Still at the asylum. Private tutor," Michael muttered walking off. "He's having a fuck it day," Calum said. I nodded and turned back to Troye. "Anyway," I laughed.

At lunch I sat down at my usual lunch with Kian, Caitlyn, JC, Troye, Connor, Ricky, Lia (who was gone during winter break but is in a relationship with JC), Michael and Rakquel. "Where is Ashton and Calum," I asked starting to pick at my sandwich having Ashton's note on my mind. "Over there eating lunch," JC said pointing behind me. "Oh," I nodded. "Did you hear Joey is going to this school again," Connor said changing the subject. Michael nodded.

"I'll be back," Troye said standing up and walking to the halls. I looked over to see Ashton also getting up. I ignored it and turned back around. I heard harsh whispering from the halls behind us but I kept ignoring it because it obviously wasn't Troye and Ashton. Right?

After the whispers had died down Troye walked out and sat back down with us. "What was that," I asked. "Nothing," Troye laughed. I nodded and turned to see Calum running towards the halls.

Nothing, right? I hope so.