Motel Phone Calls

~Ashton's POV~

I had woken up at 5:30 am realizing it was a Saturday. I also realized Niko's head was on my back and I was propped against a few pillows and the wall. I remembered what had happened last night. I got drunk, slowly sobered up, Niko thought I was drunk, and sadly did something I shouldn't have. I slowly removed Niko's sleeping head careful not to wake her up. I walked to the bathroom across the hall and removed the large sweatshirt I threw on last night. I'm suprised Niko didn't notice this when I was shirtless.

You could see my ribs like no tomorrow and a few scars from past self harm show on certain parts of my skin. I let a few tears fall but stand up slowly and put my sweatshirt back on. I head back to my room to see Niko sitting there checking her phone. "Ugh, life sucks," she mumbled. "Wanna leave and go somewhere," I asked ploping down next to her. "Anyday," she smiled back poking my dimple as I smiled. "There's a hotel down the road," I smirked pulling out a backpack and shoving clothes in it. "What will I wear?" Niko huffed. "My clothes," I shrugged. I saw her smile but I prentended I didn't see it.

We walked down stairs together and I saw Calum laying face first on the floor groaning while Michael scolded him, "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TAKE MILLIONS OF SHOTS, DRINK, AND STAY UP ALL NIGHT WHILE I TRIED TO GET YOU TO COME HOME! AND WHY IN HELL DID YOU BRING ASHTON WITH YOU?" I laughed and told Michael, "Niko and I are going out for a day or two. Feel better Calum. You shouldn't have had all those drinks.". Calum flipped me off and Michael nodded. As we walked outside we heard Michael screaming again at Calum.

We drove to the hotel that was not that far and got a room. "One or two beds," I asked looking at Niko. "Um... two?" she said. I smiled and grabbed the keys for the room and we ran to our room.

Once we opened the door Niko sat on the bed and smiled. "So," I laughed, "What happened last night". Niko opened her mouth to speak but closed it and her eyes filled with tears. "Bab-Niko," I stopped my self walking over to her and holding her close. "Joe and Liiiiaa," she sobbed. "Give me your phone," I demanded. She passed it to me and unlocked it. I quickly went and called Joe. "Asht-" Niko started.

"Hey Niko!" Joe said when he picked up. "Oh, hey its Ashton. You know me yeah? Okay great," I said harshly into the phone. "What the hell?" Joe stated, "Where's Niko?" "Oh you want to talk to Niko," I laugh, "I'm suprised". "YOU CALLED ME," Joe yells in the phone. "Still, I though you and I should have a guy-to-guy chat," I said. "Whatev-" Joe started. "So first, hows Lia," I cut him off. "Um, what," Joe muttered. "Oh thats right, I know and so does Niko," I said smiling as Niko stared at me in shock. I muted the call real quick and gave my phone to Niko. "You can play on it if you want," I shrugged. She nodded and I unmuted the call.

"Anyway, so how's Lia," I asked again. "WHERE IS FUCKING NIKO," Joe screamed. I laughed, "Waiting for me on the bed just like Lia probably is for you". "Well," Joe said nervously. "You should go back to fucking Lia sorry for distracting you," I said about to hang up. "WAIT," Joe yelled, "At least I'm not some anorexic shit". "I'm not anorexic," I cried running to the bathroom so Niko wouldn't hear. "Hah, really, I beg to differ according to twitter," he laughed, "Now stay away from Niko cause she don't want you". He was right. She probably didn't. Before I hung up Joes voice spoke in a harsh tone, "No one wants you. Your the worst in the band".

I hung up and placed Niko's phone in the counter. I cried and pulled out a small razor from my toiletry bag. I cut small cuts onto my sides knowing if they where on my wrists they would be noticed. I beard Niko call my name so I told her I was coming and got a wet paper towel and wiped the cuts. After they where clean and bandaged I walked out.

"I was scrolling through the hashtag Ashton Irwin on twitter and Instagram and apparently you have a daddy-" she started. "NOPE," I said snatching the phone and laughing. She smiled and stood up, "I almost forgot". I looked at her in confusion and then she kissed me. It was sweet and passionate. I slowly pushed her against the wall gasping for air. "I told you I'd wait till you where sober," Niko said kissing me again.

I slowly tugged at the hem of her, which was technically mine, shirt and waited for a response. "You haven't even asked me out yet," Niko whispered. "I love you. I have loved you since you where with Ricky and Troye" I muttered as I kissed her forehead. "Are you going to ask me out," she laughed. "Maybe, maybe not," I shrugged hiding my laugh, "You'll find out soon". I was going to ask her out just in a special way...