chapter sixteen

Y/N'S POV

It was finally Friday and I'd be finished work soon.

I had been looking forward the whole day just to hear Ariana's voice through the phone.

Usually she'd send some texts throughout the day but she hadn't.

Maybe she was just busy with work.

I was really excited to find out what the surprise was that Ariana had planned.

When I finally finished work, I made my way home.

As soon as I got home, I put my bag down, changed into comfy clothes and called Ariana.

The call went straight to voicemail.

I tried again and the same thing happened so I went to messages.

Me: Hey beautiful 💗

I made myself some dinner and checked my phone regularly waiting for a reply from her.

But I didn't receive one.

Did I do something to make her mad at me? Did something happen to her? Should I call Joan to make sure she's okay?

I took a hot shower to ease my thoughts. The heat relaxed my muscles and cleared my mind.

I checked my phone once again but still had no response. I began typing again.

Me: Are you okay? 🥺

After sending the message, I decided to leave her alone. Maybe she just wanted to be by herself.

It crossed my mind that this may have been her way of telling me that she no longer wanted to be with me.

But for our sake I tried to stay positive.

My heart broke a little more with every minute that went by.

I switched my tv on and watched some history show.

I wasn't really paying attention to it but it took my mind off my problems for a couple of minutes at a time.

It was now just past 8:30pm and my mind became busy with bad thoughts.

Was I becoming paranoid for nothing?

It's just one day I guess.

I turned off my phone and went to my kitchen, pouring myself a glass of wine. It's a Friday night after all.

Half way through a romcom movie I heard a car pull into my driveway. A few seconds later a car door closed.

Who the fuck was visiting me at 9pm on a Friday night.

Unless someone was trying to kill me.

Fuck this.

I placed my wine glass on the table and peaked out the window.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

I was hallucinating for sure.

There was no way Ariana was walking up my driveway.

I blinked once... I blinked twice.

I ran to my front door and opened it up to find my girlfriend.

She struggled with her bags which made me giggle.

"Ariana!" I said loud enough for her to hear but quiet enough considering my neighbours had young children.

"Y/n!" Ariana squealed. She dropped her bags on the ground and ran towards me.