chapter forty five

Y/N'S POV

Today was the day.

The day that I propose to the love of my life.

I was nervous but also incredibly excited to call Ariana my fiancée again. She was my soulmate.

I had planned for us to drive down the coast and have a nice picnic. It would be then that I was going to propose and put the ring on her finger.

She doesn't suspect a thing other than why we're having a picnic and not eating at a cafe. The truth is I want to do it in private so it's more intimate and I don't feel the pressure of people's eyes on us.

We began our car trip with some throwback hits. Since I was driving I couldn't film her being a goof but I was happy to see it.

"How long is the drive?" She asked before taking a sip of her coffee I had made her before leaving.

"About an hour and a half," I told her and she nodded her head. Her eyes looked over to me and she smiled widely.

I tried to keep my eyes on the road but I glanced over and admired my beautiful soon to be fiancée.

"You're such a cutie with glasses," I told her making her blush slightly.

"I'm a blind bitch," she joked, I let out a chuckle.

"You're my blind bitch," I smirked and she rolled her eyes playfully.

We continued to sing some tunes until we arrived. It was a beautiful sunny day but since it was autumn, there was a slight cold breeze.

I grabbed the picnic blanket and picnic basket while Ariana held our coats.

"Do you want to sit on the sand or the grass area?" I asked and she shrugged her shoulders while looking at the ocean in front of her.

"Let's sit on the grass so we don't get sand in our eyes," I said making her laugh. We set out the blanket in a secluded area away from any crowds.

I took out the food we had prepared and Ariana played some soft music in the background. We began eating and spoke about Ruby's wedding.

She was excited to see my dress but I also hadn't seen it either. I trusted ruby since she had a great sense of fashion.

"Would you like some champagne?" I asked, taking out two champagne glasses and she nodded her head. I popped open her favourite champagne and poured some in the two glasses.

I passed it over to her and thanked me. She took a sip while humming to the music, watching the waves crash. I scanned over her beautiful features and smiled to myself before taking a sip from my glass.

Now is the perfect time.

"I-I love you, Ariana," I blurted out, her eyes diverted to mine and giggled. She sensed my nervousness and smiled softly.

"I love you too baby," she said, placing her hand over mine and stroked it gently.

"I couldn't find someone better to spend the rest of my life with even if I searched for eternity. There's no one that I could ever love more than I love you. I want to live with you forever and start a family with you. That's the only future I see and it makes me so incredibly excited for that time to come. Only you can make me smile as much as I do. You make me so happy and I'll always be so grateful to have you in my life. I promised a couple months ago that one day we'll get married and I'm keeping that promise," I told her as I put my hand into the pocket of my coat and found the satin box.

I pulled it out and Ariana gasped softly, looking from the box to my eyes a few times. I grinned as I positioned myself down on one knee. I opened the box and her mouth opened from surprise.