chapter twenty five

Y/N'S POV

Today was my first day at work.

I was scared but also excited to work in a new environment.

I had been keeping in touch with my old boss and he had told me that the Los Angeles office was thrilled to meet me.

I had done a couple of interviews over video call with them so I knew a few faces but it was all new regardless.

Ariana woke up with me and we'd gotten ready for our day today. She was going to the studio later this morning but insisted on waking up early with me.

Although it was 7am, I had an hour drive to be at my new job by 9am.

I had a quick shower, had some breakfast that Ariana made for me, washed my face, brushed my teeth and applied some makeup.

By the time I was ready, I had ten minutes to spare. I double checked that I had everything I needed and headed to the kitchen where Ariana was spending time with her pups and pig.

"I've made you some lunch and included a few snacks as well just in case you get hungry throughout the day," she said while standing up and passing me the prepared food.

"Wow, Ari... thank you so much. This looks delicious," I told her as I looked at the falafel and salad wrap she made.

"I hope it tastes good, I just made it so it's nice and fresh," she told me as her arms wrapped around my neck. She placed her lips on mine and I smiled into the kiss.

"I'll text you when I arrive and when I'm leaving," I told her and she nodded her head.

"Have a good day and don't forget to smile," she giggled as her fingers curved my lips into a smile.

"I won't, have fun at the studio, baby," I said as we walked to the garage.

"Remember to drive on the right side of the road," she said making me chuckle.

"I'll try," I joked and she watched as I got into her car that she let me borrow.

I started the car and pulled out of the garage. I looked back and saw her waving at me. I honked the horn a few times making her smile.

The drive to my new office was quite nice and a change of scenery. I played some music and enjoyed the morning drive.

When I got to the building, I parked Ariana's car in a safe area and headed towards the building.

It wasn't a very busy building which I liked and there were tons of flowers and garden space surrounding the office building which made it smell fresh.

I pressed the up button for the elevator and waited patiently. There were a couple of others waiting beside me too.

Once the elevator opened, I pressed the floor number and waited nervously to reach my floor.

The doors opened and I stepped out onto the floor. The receptionist smiled at me as I walked up to her.

"Hello, I'm y/n y/l/n and I-"

"Oh y/n... yes, welcome! I'm Meg," She grinned as she stood up and came around the desk.

She showed me around the floor and I instantly liked her vibe. She was so lovely and looked about my age too.

"And this is your office in here," she said as she opened the door and let me peak inside.

"Wow, I have a great view," I told her and she smiled with a nod.

"So I work sometimes as the receptionist but I will also be working part time as your assistant. You'll get all of that information when you talk to Emma," she giggled softly and I nodded my head with a grin.