chapter thirty one

Y/N'S POV

I was walking to my bosses office feeling a bit queasy. My palms were sweaty and my legs were weak with each step I took.

I was called to come into her office to 'discuss something important'. Whatever she wanted me for wasn't going to be good news since she sounded hesitant.

My heart raced in my chest as I twisted her doorknob to step inside her office.

"Hello y/n, glad you could see me," she smiled and I took a seat in front of her office.

"No problem Emma," I said as I patted down my work pants.

"So as you know, there's a business trip to Singapore in the coming week but I've recently had a family emergency and I won't be able to attend," Emma stated.

"Oh I hope everything is okay," I said with a soft smile.

"Well it's going to be okay, I've just received the news that my mother has just been rushed to the hospital due to a heart failure and she's stable now but we really don't know how things will go. That's why I've decided not to attend the meeting in Singapore because god forbid something happens while I'm overseas," she told me and I nodded my head sympathetically.

"I'm so sorry to hear, I hope she'll be okay," I said and she gave me a smile.

"So since I won't be joining the team in Singapore, I've been wondering if you'd be able to go instead," she said hesitantly and I nodded my head without thinking.

I paused for a moment and thought about how Ariana would react to me being gone for a week. I'm sure she'd be fine considering it's work related.

And who knows, this good deed might get me a promotion or a pay raise.

"Y-yes Emma of course," I said before feeling a wave of panic run through me. I know that Ariana will be okay with it but I was more nervous since I was going for Emma.

"Oh thank you so much, it's much appreciated," she smiled widely and I grinned back.

"There's a meeting later today about it, I'll send you an email," she said and with that she thanked me and I left to go back to my office.

I did some work for a few hours before I noticed it was time for the meeting. I left my office and walked to the meeting room.

The only other person in the room was Georgia. Great.

I mentally prepared myself for a long meeting and sat down on the opposite end. Emma and Oscar came in and so did a few others.

We began the meeting and it was all fine until I could feel Georgia staring at me. Her eyes lingered on me but I didn't flinch.

"So as we know Y/n will be now joining Oscar and Georgia on the business trip to Singapore," Emma spoke and I felt my heart race with anxiety.

A business trip with the one person I'm trying to avoid.

A few minutes passed and my thoughts were the only thing I could hear. I heard everyone say thank you and stand up from their seats.

I did the same and went back to my office. The first thing I wanted to do was to call Ariana but I didn't want to disturb the meeting she was in today about her album release.

"So..." I heard a voice behind me and I turned to see Georgia smiling.

"Singapore, huh?" She said making me want to tear my insides out.

"Yeah," I simply said and started walking away until she grabbed my arm. 

"I-I think you're really beautiful," she spilled out, my eyes widened and I felt lost for words for a few seconds.