chapter twenty seven

ARIANA'S POV

Today was our one month anniversary. We had never really got into anniversaries in our past relationship except for our one year.

I was planning on cooking a nice romantic dinner and then watching a movie.

She'd been working at her new job for just under a couple of weeks now and she has really been enjoying it.

When she got up this morning she woke me up before she left and told me it's our one month anniversary. I was surprised at first because I had forgotten.

It was around 8:30am and I was just about to head to my gym when the doorbell rang.

I hadn't received any messages that anyone was coming over so I asked the security at my front gate who it was a delivery.

I ran to the front door and I opened it to see a florist delivery guy holding two big bunches of roses.

"Good morning Miss, there's a few deliveries for you," he said with a genuine smile and passed me the flowers.

"Oh thank you!" I said and watched him come back with more bunches.

I kept putting them inside but he kept coming back with more and more that I was running out of space.

"Okay here's the last two," he chuckled and I giggled softly.

"Thank you," I said giving him a smile and he returned one.

He went back to the delivery van and I closed the door shut. I looked behind me and saw how many flowers there really were.

She would've spent hundreds of dollars and I'm just cooking her dinner? I need to up my game.

I spent a bit of time getting all the flowers into vases and finding spots for them all.

After I finished, instead of using my gym, I went to find an anniversary gift with Courtney.

"I don't understand why you can't just cook her dinner, watch a movie and have sex like you planned," she said and I scoffed at her comment.

"I wasn't planning on having sex.... and I just don't think the dinner and movie is enough. She bought me all of those flowers worth hundreds of dollars. There's probably more to it than all of those flowers, I know her... she's planning something," I told Courtney and she nodded her head slowly.

"How do you know that exactly? It's only your one month anniversary and besides you guys never celebrated it in your previous relationship so why are you guys all of a sudden doing it now?" She questioned and I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"Because she woke me up this morning to tell me that we've been together for one month and then sent me so many flowers that they filled an entire room!" I told her enthusiastically.

"Okay well here's what I think. You said you haven't had sex in like two weeks. So why don't you make it an enjoyable night and decorate your room with romantic stuff like rose petals, candles and fairy lights," she explained causing me to think twice about the idea.

"Yeah, I like that idea. Maybe we can use some toys too to spice things up," I said before biting my lip as I thought about it.

"Woah okay I didn't need to know that but sure, go wild and get naughty," she said while patting my shoulder.

We went into a few stores and purchased a lot of rose petals and some fairy lights.

We returned back to my house and decorated the bedroom to my liking. I found a good playlist and organised dinner too.