chapter seventy four

Y/N'S POV

It's been a week without each other and I was finally about to surprise my baby. I had only told Joan and Roshad that I was coming to see her.

I was currently flying up to San Francisco in first class. Joan insisted that I had the best seat on the plane.

Since Joan was in on it, she had the job of distracting her daughter so she wouldn't be suspicious of me not answering her texts or calls. I just knew she'd be stressing out right now.

My plan was to surprise her on stage with her favourite flowers while she sung my favourite song off her album.

After an hour and a half in the air, we finally landed in San Francisco. I grabbed my carry on bag from the overhead locker before making my way to retrieve my luggage.

Once I had everything, I found the private driver that Joan had hired for me and we drove to the venue. I picked up a bunch of flowers and made our way.

When I arrived, Joan was waiting for me backstage. She welcomed me with a big hug which warmed my heart.

I could hear my baby singing her heart out above us and fans screaming for her attention.

Joan took me to Ariana's dressing room where I left my luggage and touched up my makeup.

"How was the flight?" Joan asked me as she ran around cleaning Ariana's mess. I giggled slightly before answering. "Great, it was a short flight, thank god," I said causing her to chuckle.

"Oh darling, I know you hate flying. But it was either that or a 6 hour drive," she watched as I applied some of Ariana's lipstick.

"I know, and thank you for paying," I smiled at her through the mirror. "Not a problem darling. Anytime you need something, I'm here," she rubbed my shoulder comfortingly and I gave her a grateful smile.

"You're the best," I turned around and hugged her. There was nothing like a motherly hug. She patted my back and let go of me.

"You look beautiful," she rubbed some of the dry mascara off my cheek making me smile. "Thank you," I blushed, looking at myself in the mirror. There was silence for a few seconds.

"So Ariana told me the other night that you've both discussed the baby situation. Are you sure you're okay with carrying a Grande?" She chuckled making me laugh.

"Of course, I'd be so honored to carry our baby. It'd make me the happiest girl in the world," I told her with the brightest smile.

"Ooh I'm going to be a Nonna soon!" She squealed causing me to giggle. I heard the music of the second last song on her set list play.

"That's your cue," Joan said before we walked to the side of the stage with the flowers I had purchased.

She was too distracted with her fans to notice my presence beside. A few fans saw me and started screaming. I held my finger up to my lips and they immediately stopped, realising I was trying to surprise her.

ARIANA'S POV

The song came to an end which meant the last song was just about to start. I noticed some of my fans looking to the side of the stage and screaming but I figured it was just my momma.

Before starting the song, I thanked the crowd for coming to see me and for supporting me with this album. I held back my tears as they all yelled out sweet things to me.

The song started and I looked into the crowd reading some of the signs they were holding up. My babies are so funny.

I began the harmonies at the beginning with a few added runs, making the crowd cheer.