chapter seven

Y/N'S POV

"Why'd you stop?" I questioned with a smirk, her eyes widened with realisation.

"It's called teasing... something that you're very familiar with," she told me, crawling over to me.

Her lips were close to my ear and her hand rested on my chest.

"If we were alone I would've continued," she whispered so only I could hear. I gulped at the thought of her touching me again.

"That was a really good movie," Courtney said causing Ariana to jump away from me before she could see.

I looked to the tv and the credits were rolling indicating the end of the movie.

"I liked the movie too. Good choice Court," Ariana said and I nodded in agreement. She smiled softly while gathering her things on the couch beside her.

"I better get going. I've got some things I need to do," Courtney told us and we all stood up.

"It was so good to see you again Courtney, hopefully we can meet up soon," I said before embracing her in a tight hug.

Ariana waited for us to pull out of each other's hold. Courtney's eyes fell onto hers and she tugged Ari into her arms.

"Tell me everything that happens, okay?" She said softly but not quiet enough since I could hear.

"You'll be in New York again soon?" Ariana asked and Courtney nodded her head.

"If not you better come back to Los Angeles or Florida immediately," Court said making Ariana giggle.

We walked Courtney to the door and gave her one last hug before she disappeared from our sight.

"I-I should probably get going too since I have the whole conference thing tomorrow," I said tucking a hair behind my ear.

"Please stay for dinner. I bought a pre-made a pasta bake that I know you'll love," Ariana said walking to the kitchen while I aimlessly followed.

"Well I guess I can stay for dinner," I told her, earning a wide grin from her.

"Well it's only 4pm, what do you want to do until dinner?" Ariana asked politely and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't mind," I smiled as she pressed her lips together as she thought.

"Oh! There's a slice I want to make. Would you like to help?" She asked me while getting a recipe book out of a cupboard.

"Sure," I said and walking behind the counter as she turned to the right page.

I called out the ingredients and she retrieved them. We started making the slice while singing along to some of her favourite music.

"I missed you so much," Ariana told me as she mixed the ingredients together with a wooden spoon.

"I'm glad because it would've been fucking awkward if I had called you and you'd totally moved on from me," I joked causing her to laugh.

Her laugh dialled down and she sighed softly. She stopped stirring the ingredients in the bowl and her head turned to me.

"It was hard not knowing if we were getting back together. The first year I went through a rough stage of wanting to know everything you were doing but not being able to ask you myself. A few times I had to ask Luke if you still wanted me. I was so desperate for you to love me again that I didn't notice the impact it had on me," she told me openly with sadness in her eyes. I nodded my head reassuring her that I was listening.