chapter thirty two

Y/N'S POV

"So that's why you wanted to throw a party..." Courtney winked at Ariana and I looked at Ariana confused.

"You wanted to throw a party while I was gone?" I asked sounding more hurt than I had intended.

Ariana looked at me with her brows pulled together.

"N-no, it's not like that. I did want to come to Singapore with you but then I thought about how you'd be working most of the time so I probably wouldn't get to spend a lot of time with you. A-and then remembered that it's Courtney's birthday next week so that's why I wanted to throw a party," she explained to me. I nodded my head and sat up causing her to move off me slightly.

I felt upset that she wanted to throw a party for Courtney without me. I didn't want to fight in front of her friends so I pretended I was okay.

They stayed for a little while longer until it got to around 9pm. We said goodbye to them and I went straight upstairs to go to bed.

"Y/n?" Ariana called behind me but I continued to walk away.

I shut the bedroom door behind me and sat on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands.

Ariana came into the bedroom and I felt her presence in front of me.

"Y/n?" She asked again.

I ignored her so she sat down next to me and placed her hand on my thigh. I pulled away from her and laid down with my back facing her.

"W-what's wrong?" She asked cluelessly.

"First of all, you don't want to come to Singapore with me after you said you would. And secondly, you hid the fact that you wanted to throw a party for Courtney without me here!" I said furiously into my pillow.

She laid down behind me and wrapped her arm around me. I tried to get out of her grip but she kept her strong grasp.

"Go away," I muttered but her grip tightened.

"I'm sorry y/n. I didn't mean to upset you. I thought I wouldn't be allowed to join you on your business trip," she told me with her face buried in the crook of my neck.

"You didn't even give me a chance to ask. I was really looking forward to going to Singapore with you," I told her.

"I-I'm sorry baby. It's just- Courtney's birthday is next week and I don't want to miss it. She's my best friend and-"

"-she's more important, I get it," I said before sitting up and making my way to the bathroom. I locked the door behind me and had a long shower to relax my body.

I came out of the bathroom to see Ariana lying in bed sleeping. I changed into my pyjamas and hung my towel on the rack.

I walked over to the bed and noticed she'd been crying into her pillow. There were smudges of mascara stains and wet spots where her eyes were.

My heart tugged in my chest and I immediately felt bad for making her cry. I noticed that she was still in her clothes from today. It looked uncomfortable being in jeans so I grabbed her pyjamas.

I tried to carefully take her clothes but she stirred in the her sleep and woke up.

Her eyes fell on me as I was on top of her with her bra in my hand. She looked horrified like I was going to hurt her.

"W-what are you doing?" She asked while she covered herself up being afraid that I was taking advantage of her.

"I-I was getting you changed into your pyjamas," I told her but something in her eyes still showed her fear.