chapter two

ARIANA'S POV

Some would say that two years a long time but we both had pretty busy lives and days went by like months.

I missed her a lot though. There were so many things that reminded me of her.

Myron had become pretty down when he realised that y/n wasn't coming back. It broke my heart seeing his lack of enthusiasm as it was the same when Malcom had passed away.

For a few weeks it seemed like my life wouldn't get better waking up without y/n by my side.

Every time I'd see a tweet that involved my ex-fiancée in a negative view, I'd snap back at them.

I've also been taking some time to work on myself. For so long I've needed a relationship to keep me sane but these two years have been the best time of my life.

I've felt so much more free in my own body and not worrying about what people think about me.

It was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I felt happier and more grateful for the ones who stuck around through this difficult period.

Although during whole process my mind was still on one person... my ex-fiancée.

It hadn't occurred to me that I only had eyes for y/n until my friends noticed my lack of flirting that they'd usually see.

I told y/n that I'd wait for her and I have kept my word. I'm so proud for controlling myself.

However, we don't talk much anymore but she works a lot nowadays. I often wondered if she has moved on from me.

She tells me every time we talk that she hasn't seen anyone else but it always crossed my mind.

I had released an album last year which was honestly my favourite by far. Y/n was the first to hear the whole album and she only had positive feedback.

I was currently in New York with some of my friends for a few weeks. I loved New York, something about the city made me feel content.

I was currently sitting at the table playing monopoly with my friends. Courtney kept landing on everyone's property so she was losing her shit.

I started filming her cursing at the board game while I was laughing hysterically. I posted it on my Instagram stories and looked around at my friends being grateful for their presence.

***

Y/N'S POV

Today was the day that I'll be heading to New York. I couldn't control my excitement to finally travel again.

I took my handbag, suitcase and carry on and took it outside to the driver waiting for me.

The ride was filled with talk about New York. I was still a little nervous as when I flew on a plane with Ariana, she'd be there and cuddle me most of the time so I'd feel secure.

But that was two years ago, I could do this by myself now.

I thanked my driver and made my way through the airport. When I arrived at the gate, I went into the lounge and relaxed for the remaining time.

When the business class section was called, I got my passport and ticket checked at the gate and boarded the plane.

I was happy to be flying business since I've only ever really flown on Ari's private jet so it was better than nothing.

I settled down in my seat and made conversations with the lady beside me.

She was really nice and told me that she was seeing her son in New York after four years.