chapter seventy three

ARIANA'S POV

Once y/n left for work this morning, I felt sick to my stomach. I hated that I was leaving her.

I was essentially leaving her alone in a city I forced her to move to. My family and friends living in Los Angeles were coming with me.

I was leaving her in our house with no one to visit if she felt lonely.

I sat on edge of our bed, contemplating whether or not I should go. Y/n would want me to but only because she knew it would make me happy.

"Ariana... are you ready-" my mum walked in the room, seeing my anxiety consume me.

"Darling, what's wrong?" She sat beside me as I breathed heavily. A tear escaped from my eye causing her to embrace me in a tight hug.

"I don't want to go," I sobbed uncontrollably in my mother's arms as she rubbed my back soothingly.

"Why? Is it because y/n will be here?" She asked softly and I whimpered in response.

"She's not going to have anyone to talk to while we're all gone. I-I don't want to leave her all alone," I told my mum honestly. She pulled me out of her grip and wiped my tears.

"Ariana, y/n is an adult and she's more than capable of living alone. She did it for a year before you started dating again. And if she feels lonely, she knows she can always call you or anyone else," she tried to comfort me.

"But- but what if she needs me there? What if something happens and I'm not here?" I said overthinking once again.

"If anything were to happen, I told her to call me. I know you want her to come but you both have commitments and work is one of y/n's commitments. I'm sure she feels terrible for not being able to take the week off, so don't guilt her," my mum said sternly and I nodded my head.

"I hate that you're right," I pouted making her chuckle softly.

"Your momma is always right. Y/n will be fine for a week... she's not a child, she's an independent woman," my mum reminded me causing me to smile.

I stood up and sighed to myself. I placed the letter I wrote this morning on the bedside table so she could read it when she got home.

"Let's go," I fiddled with the engagement ring on my finger before leaving. I sat in the car listening to the conversations of my friends.

"Ari, are you good?" Courtney asked me and I nodded my head, giving her a forced smile.

"I know you're not. Talk to me," she grabbed my hand and I looked down wishing it was y/n's hand instead.

"I'm dreading being without her. I thought I was worried because she'd be alone but I'm actually worried because I'll be lonely without her. She's everything to me Court, I don't know how she's so strong. I'm literally leaving her-" Court stopped me and pulled me into a hug before I had another anxiety attack.

"You're overthinking, it's unhealthy for your mind. It's going to be alright. You can call her, text her, FaceTime her anytime. And she's worried about you, she's been messaging me, asking if you're okay. But you have nothing to worry about and she'll tell you the same," Court told me and I sighed softly.

All of a sudden my phone started ringing. I picked it up seeing y/n was calling me.

"Hi baby, are you on your way to rehearsals?" She asked me, I hummed quietly. "Do you want to go through your breathing exercises?" She asked making me smile.

"Y-yes please," I said before we worked on some exercises to calm me down. I felt my heart leap in my chest as she giggled softly.

"Sorry, I just saw someone trip," she laughed to herself and I giggled.