chapter nine

Y/N'S POV

I woke up to the unpleasant sound of my soft alarm going off.

Before I could open my eyes, Ariana had already stopped it.

My eyes peeled open to see Ariana smiling down at me as she hovered over my body.

"Good morning," she said, placing a kiss on my lips.

"Good morning beautiful," I grinned, cupping her cheeks and leaning in pecking her lips again.

I pulled away and saw her blushing slightly at my compliment.

"I wish we could stay at home all day," she pouted sadly making me giggle.

"I promise we can do something after the conference tonight," I told her and a smile grew on her face.

I got ready for the second day with much more time to spare.

Ariana made us a nice breakfast that we both sat down and had together.

I kept noticing her staring at me then looking away when I looked at her.

"Yes?" I asked after the sixth time I caught her staring.

"What?" She looked at me confused.

"You've been staring at me," I said with a chuckle as she held her head down.

"Oh- sorry, I wanted to see if you liked the food," she said before taking a mouth full of food.

"I do like the food, it's very nice. Thank you," I told her causing her to blush for the second time this morning.

"No problem," she said shyly.

I did the rest of my morning routine and we got into her car.

The drive was mostly quiet as I mentally prepared myself for another day.

We arrived at the building and I unbuckled my seatbelt. She watched as I gathered my things.

"I'll be here at 5pm," she told me and I looked over at her.

She bit her bottom lip anxiously and seductively. I leaned towards her and my thumb traced her lips as our eyes gazed into one another's.

My lips attached to hers, kissing gently and passionately.

I stopped myself before I'd want more and her bottom lip poked out sadly.

"I got to go, thank you for driving me here. I'll see you later," I said running my thumb across her cheek softly.

"Bye y/n, have fun," she said looking into my eyes mesmerizingly.

I got out of the car and made my way to the building not looking forward to a long day without Ariana.

***

I made my way out of the conference room trying to avoid people that'll want to talk to me.

I honestly just wanted to go home and sleep.

I was exhausted from today.

My feet dragged me outside until I was met with Ari's car in front of the building.

I opened the car door and she looked up from her phone without a smile.

"Hi," I said simply before she gave a small smile that looked almost fake.

"Hey," she replied sounding upset.

She started the car and we drove to her apartment.

"Are you okay?" I asked hesitantly.