chapter thirty five

Y/N'S POV

My heart sunk to the pit of my stomach. She doesn't really believe I'd cheat on her... does she?

Thoughts circled my mind for the rest of my lunch break. By the time my head was clearer, I had to go back to the meeting room.

Georgia sat next to me and smiled softly at me but she could tell something was up when I didn't smile back.

"Are you okay?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Y-yeah, I think Ari is a bit drunk because she just accused me of possibly cheating on her. I'd never do anything to hurt her like that," I told her quietly as others began coming into the room and taking their seats.

"I'm so sorry, hopefully you two can sort it out. We can talk about it after if you like. Oh! Can we go to Gardens by the Bay later?" She asked making me smile at her change of subject.

"Sure, sounds like plan," I giggled before the meeting started.

***

Georgia and I made our way to the Gardens by the Bay which wasn't far from the office building.

We took some photos of each other in front of the touristy spots and walked around for a bit.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I saw that Ariana was calling me for the nine time today.

"Y/n, just answer it, she'd be so worried about you," Georgia said and I sighed softly before answering the call.

"Hello?"

"Y/n?" Ariana asked sounding surprised and relieved.

"Ariana, what are you doing up? It's like 3am in Los Angeles," I said before Georgia smacked my arm making me yelp quietly.

"I um- I couldn't sleep knowing what I did and how badly I hurt you. I'm so sorry for what I said, I'm so stupid," she sobbed through the phone.

My heart ached. I just wanted to embrace her in a hug but then I remembered what happened.

"No Ari, you're not stupid. But what you said really did hurt me because I believed you trusted me. I'd never leave you for someone else and I thought you knew that but clearly you don't. There's a difference between being protective and being a bitch," I argued before receiving a death stare from Georgia.

"I-I know, I'm sorry," she said sounding absolutely broken.

"Look Ariana, I promise that nothing is going on between us. We're just friends and it will always remain that way," I explained to Ariana who was sobbing on the other end of the line.

"I know baby, I know you're not cheating. I'm so sorry for saying such a horrible thing. I trust you and I believe you. I'm sorry that I said what I did," she apologised again.

I looked around and noticed a young couple kissing and hugging each other. I furrowed my eyebrows and sighed softly.

As mad as I was, I still wanted to hold her in my arms and kiss her. I imagined her brown orbs staring up at me as a smile lingered on her face.

"I forgive you... BUT I'm still mad," I told her and she giggled softly.

"You have every right to be. I'll make it up to you when you get home, I promise you won't forget it," she said through a smirk and I felt my stomach flip.

"Well now I'm even more tempted to leave work and come home," I teased making her giggle.

"Only a few more days baby, you can do it," she said before sniffling.