chapter eighty

Y/N'S POV

It had been almost a month since the photos of Ariana and I spread across the internet like wildfire.

Instead of living in fear, we both made tweets the next day regarding the issue. Most people understood that it wasn't our fault which calmed us both.

It was all very confronting the first few days but after thorough investigation, the person who was responsible was arrested.

We were in a good place in our relationship living day by day, trying to forget the nightmare we lived through.

On a happier note, Christmas is tomorrow.

We were hosting a Christmas party at our house which took a lot of planning. Ariana of course wanted it to be perfect so I barely had enough time between work and planning to get everyone presents. Thank god for online shopping.

"Y/n?!" Ariana shouted from the kitchen as I walked down stairs from our bedroom after showering. We both decided to sleep in this morning since we hadn't had a late morning in a while.

"Yeah? I'm coming!" I said loudly before making my way to the kitchen.

"Hi baby, I'm just cutting up some vegetables for tomorrow. But I was wondering if you could get a few things at WholeFoods?" She asked cutely as she focused on slicing the potatoes perfectly.

"Of course, I'm guessing this is the list?" I dragged a piece of paper towards me with her hand writing scattered all over it.

"Yep, my card is in my bag just there," she pointed with the knife to her bag hanging from the bar stool.

"It's okay Ari, I don't need your black American Express card," I giggled softly and she rolled her eyes with a playful smirk.

"Well... the list continues on the back of the paper," she told me, trying to hold in her smile. I flipped it over finding about 15 more items.

"Baby..." I laughed, remembering that she said 'a few things' but was actually a whole shopping trip worth.

"This could feed an entire village," I joked causing her to chuckle. "Y/n! Come on... we have a lot of people coming tomorrow. Your family, my family, our million friends..." she exaggerated while she went back to cutting up the vegetables.

"Alright, alright. Text me if you think of anything else," I took the list and my bag from the stand.

I walked over to her and kissed her lips softly. She smiled into the kiss, leaning into me as she put the knife down on the cutting board.

"I'll be back soon... or maybe tomorrow seeing as this list is fucking long," I joked causing her to giggle. "You better hurry up or I'll whoop your ass," she lifted the knife and pointed it at me. I held my hands up in surrender.

"Put the knife down, Grande," I chuckled and she did as told. I pressed my lips against hers before making my way to the garage.

After arriving at wholefoods, I took our shopping bags out of the boot (I think it's called 'trunk' in the US?).

I walked around the supermarket going down every aisle, making sure to grab everything on the list - otherwise I'd have one grumpy fiancée.

As I was turning the trolley to enter the next aisle, I accidentally bumped into a man. I gasped, pulling the trolley back immediately, apologising a lot.

"I'm so sorry, are you okay-"

He looked up at me and my heart broke a little inside. His eyes widened realising who I was.