chapter fifty six

ARIANA'S POV

It had been a few days since we made an offer on the house. A generous offer of 13.7 million dollars hehe.

We'd have to wait a couple of months to find out if we got the house but I was confident that we would have.

Every weekday y/n woke up early, being quiet so she wouldn't wake me but I was a light sleeper. I didn't mind that her alarm woke me up in the morning but it did remind me that it would be another day without my fiancée around.

This morning her alarm went off causing me to shift in her arms. She leaned over and stopped it before attempting to move my body off her.

I groaned and held onto her tighter causing her to chuckle softly. She kissed my head and finally slid out of the bed to get ready for work.

"Baby..." I whined, gripping hold of her pillow like it was her body. She leaned down, pecking my lips gently.

She walked into the en-suite and started the shower. I dragged myself out of bed, undressing myself from my warm pyjamas. I opened the bathroom door and watched the steamy water run down her body.

"Good morning," I chirped, making her jump in fright. I giggled before joining her under the water.

"Good morning baby, you're up early," she laughed as I could barely keep my eyes open.

"I know, I just miss you so much during the day so maybe if I start waking up with you, the day wouldn't feel as long," I smiled weakly as she rubbed the soap over my skin giving me goosebumps.

Her head tilted as she gave me a sad look with her eyes. I avoided eye contact and lathered my hands in soap, spreading it over her body.

"Why don't you invite your friends over to keep you company?" She suggested with a small smile but all I wanted was to spend the day with her.

My silence filled the room and she brought me into her warm embrace. Her hands rubbing up and down my back comfortingly.

"I have an important meeting today but I promise tonight we can do something fun like a movie night or games night," she washed the soap off her body and I nodded my head as my eyes glued to the way she moved under the water.

"I like the sound of that," I bit my bottom lip before she pulled me under the water, giving me a passionate kiss. I washed the soap off me and observed her drying herself with her towel.

I turned the water off then dried myself before getting dressed. I made us both breakfast as she was doing her hair and makeup for work.

After eating breakfast together, she finished getting ready and then headed to work.

I wanted to do something for my hardworking baby and I knew just the answer. I invited Courtney over and I told her the plan I had in mind.

I wanted to cook her a nice dinner, give her my Nonna's necklace and maybe watch a movie together then run her a nice relaxing bath.

We went grocery shopping to get some ingredients for dinner and dessert. On the way back to the car I noticed a small shop with random things.

"Hey, can we have a look in that shop?" I asked Courtney, knowing she had to be somewhere in a couple of hours.

"Of course," she smiled and followed me into the store. We were greeted by a lady and we both returned a small hello back.

There were all sorts of things including books, candles, hats, essential oils, toys and games. I had a look through the card games and found one of interest. The ultimate game for couples... this could be fun for tonight.