chapter three

ARIANA'S POV

I was so nervous about today.

I had unexpectedly got a call from y/n telling me that she was in New York.

At the time of the call, I was sitting in my apartment with my friends who were listening as I had the phone call on speaker.

They could tell how ecstatic I was when I received the news of her being in the same state as me.

The timing was perfect for us both, we both were free on the same days.

It made me extremely happy to know that we were meeting up today. It's been two years since I had last seen her.

It crossed my mind if she looked different or the same. Was her hair the same? Did she look like the same girl I fell in love with?

I did follow her social media accounts but she rarely posted. I was excited to see what she looks like now.

For me... I haven't changed at all. I still have the same damaged, curly, short hair that she somehow loved.

I decided that I'd straighten my natural hair and put on minimal makeup for her.

She always liked it better when I was just myself around her without the extensions and full face of makeup.

I was sitting on the bathroom vanity as I was making myself look nice. 

Once I had completed my hair and face, I jumped down and went to my wardrobe to pick out some clothes.

I dressed in some skinny jeans, a crop top, an oversized jacket and heels.

I looked in the mirror and twirled, making sure I felt good about myself.

I grabbed a clutch bag and put in the essentials that I needed.

Lastly, I sprayed some perfume on me and put some lip balm on. I was all smiley today, looking forward to seeing y/n.

I met with Roshad and then headed to the familiar Starbucks.

I received a message from her saying that she had arrived and was sitting on a table near the back.

I replied saying that I was on my way. I squeezed Roshad's hand during the whole 3 minute drive to Starbucks.

Of course he knew what was happening and was very happy for me to be finally seeing the love of my life again.

Once we had arrived at the destination, I jumped out of the car and thanked the driver.

I walked to the Starbucks with Roshad behind me. I opened the door and a bell sounded, notifying the workers of a new customer.

I gave them a smile and I could see their eyes sparkle with joy to see me once again.

I scanned the room and spotted her sitting at a table in the back like she had specified. She had not seen me yet which was good because I couldn't help but stare at the woman in front of me.

Her hair was a few inches shorter with a few subtle highlights that made her look more somehow even more gorgeous.

As her eyes gazed down at her phone, my eyes wondered over her. She looked well dressed in her smart but casual outfit.

I took a few steps towards her which caught her attention as I approached her.

She looked up slowly and when her eyes landed on me, I saw her slightly gulp. We both smiled and she stood up out of her seat.

Before I could process anything, I was in her warm embrace that I had missed so much.

I felt some tears escape my eyes and I quickly brushed them away hoping she didn't notice.