chapter six

ARIANA'S POV

I didn't sleep a wink.

My mind was flooded all night thinking about the kiss.

It felt so heavenly, I didn't want it to end. Eventually I let her go back into her hotel room but not without pecking her lips one last time.

The drive home was quiet. It wasn't until I walked into my apartment where Courtney bombarded me with questions.

We stayed up pretty much the whole night talking about the dinner and kiss.

When I woke up this morning, I felt a smile stretch across my face.

"Good morning," I chirped, walking into the kitchen to see Courtney pouring herself a glass of juice.

"Good morning youuu," Courtney smirked when she noticed my happiness.

"Is it alright if y/n comes over today? I know you're only here for a few days but I thought maybe you'd want to see h-"

"Yes of course! God I miss her so fucking much," Courtney said to me as I let out a giggle.

"Good, I'll send her a message then," I said grinning uncontrollably while I sat on the couch.

After sending y/n a message, I turned the tv on and watched some crime show.

I made myself some breakfast and heard my phone buzz on the couch beside Courtney.

I ran over to Courtney reading the text. She pulled a smirk as she read the message.

"What? Who is it? What'd they say?" I asked concerned for a moment.

"Relax Ari, it's just y/n and she said she's on her way with a heart emoji," she said looking me up and down seeing I was still in my pyjamas.

"Now? Are you fucking kidding me?" I said before taking my phone from Courtney's grip and reading the message.

"Fuck," I said looking around at my messy apartment with clothes, dishes and cups everywhere.

"Courtney can you clean upstairs?" I asked and she nodded her head before walking up the stairs.

I quickly put the scraps in the bin and the dishes in the dishwasher. Before I could throw my clothes in the laundry, there was a knock at the door.

I ran to the door and opened it to see y/n smiling at me.

"Hello... did I come at a bad time?" She giggled at the pile of clothes in my arms.

"Oh ah no it's just um- laundry day," I said feeling a wave of panic run through me.

"Mmhmmm," she hummed as her eyebrows raised and her lips pressed together.

"That explains the pyjamas," she giggled softly as I felt my cheeks heat up with embarrassment.

"Come on in," I told her, opening the door wider for her. She walked in with a grin and turned back around to me.

"Is Courtney here?" She asked me and I nodded pointing upstairs.

"Courtney! Y/n's here!" I yelled out before quickly throwing the clothes in the laundry.

When I returned to the living area, y/n wasn't there so I assumed she'd gone upstairs to find Courtney.

I finished cleaning downstairs just before the two of them came downstairs laughing.

"Y/n and I want to get some lunch, are you going to come?" Courtney asked me. I stood there stunned, it felt as if I was the one third wheeling.

"Y-yeah sure, just let me get dressed," I said before running up the stairs to my room.