chapter sixty one

ARIANA'S POV

The sound of my morning alarm woke us both of up from our deep sleep. Y/n groaned behind me before snuggling into me even more.

"Good morning," I turned into her embrace as she smiled sweetly. Her lips pressed against mine before pulling away and looking at the view from our bedroom.

"I still can't believe how lucky I am to wake up next to you and live in this incredible house in Hollywood Hills," she sat up to gaze out the window. I straddled her lap and pecked the tip of her nose.

"Well you better believe it baby. You're my soulmate and my best friend... I didn't think that would be possible until you came into my life," I wrapped my arms around her neck before feeling her hands gently squeeze my waist. I fell into her embrace and kissed down her neck.

"Don't we have somewhere to be?" She questioned as she reached for her phone and checked the time.

"We sure do, you're going to love this place so much. It was booked out for months and of course I wanted the best of the best so- wait no I'm not going to tell you because I want to keep it a surprise," I rambled on causing her to chuckle.

"Are you at least going to tell me how long we're going for because I have work-"

"No baby, you don't have work. I called your work earlier last month and planned it all. You will not send any emails or answer any work calls while we are on this trip... do you understand?" I raised my brow and she noticeably gulped.

"Aye aye," she saluted making me giggle softly before kissing her plump lips.

"Alrighty, go get the clothes on that I set out for you," I moved out from her arms and watched as she walked to the bathroom suspiciously.

"Baby, please tell me where we're going!" She whined a few minutes later, coming out of the bathroom in the outfit I picked out for her.

"I will tell you it's in a different state but I'm not telling you which one," I smirked playfully causing her eyes to widen.

"If I keep guessing states will you tell me if I'm right or wrong?" She asked, taking a seat beside me as I messaged Courtney who was coming around to house sit while we're away.

"Hmm no," I said causing her to groan in frustration and lay back on the bed. I placed my phone down and pinched her side causing her to squeal.

"You're no funnnn," she pouted sadly but it was quickly replaced with a smile.

"Come on bean, let's go get ready and finally get outta here!" I cheered with excitement, receiving a kiss on my cheek.

***

I had packed both of our suitcases while y/n was at work the past few days so she really had no idea what to expect.

We boarded my private jet and sat down in the comfy seats. Once we settled in and took off, y/n laid her head on my lap as we watched a movie.

The flight was only around an hour and forty five minutes but she managed to fall asleep during our movie.

I looked out of the window at the astonishing views. Y/n stirred awake from the turbulence and followed my eyes to watch the view.

"Woah... baby where are we?" She asked as she sat up from my lap. She took some videos as we came closer to landing before trying to take some photos of me.

"Nooo baby, I look gross," I whined, covering my face with my hands. She giggled and put her phone away before taking hold of my hand as we landed.