chapter eighty two

Y/N'S POV

There were only a few hours left until midnight which would mark the start of a new year.

The new year will bring so much happiness for me and Ariana, being the year that we will get married and hopefully start a family.

This new year we've decided to stay in Los Angeles and invite a few friends to celebrate with us.

We were drinking quite a lot seeing as there was a lot of celebrate for the past year. Sitting around the outside lounge sets outside, we were saying things that we were grateful for.

"I'm thankful for my wife!" Ariana shouted, jumping onto my lap with a giggle. "And I'm thankful for this wine," I smirked playfully causing her to gasp.

"Bitch," she muttered softly to herself and I chuckled. "Also for this relationship that couldn't possibly make me any happier!" I spoke out causing our friends to cheer.

"I'm grateful for sex!" Courtney yelled out causing everyone to laugh hysterically. Her boyfriend blushed red from embarrassment.

"Here's to 2024!" Doug shouted, raising his glass of champagne to the sky. We all followed his actions and cheered.

"I can't believe we're getting married in five months," Ariana said, snuggling into my chest cutely.

"Five months to teach Toulouse to be the ring boy," I giggled at the thought with a smile spread across my face.

***

For the next couple of hours, we were all getting a little too drunk. Courtney had convinced me to go for a dip in the pool.

I floated on one of the inflatables, noticing a pair of eyes staring at me. I looked up seeing Ari sip her champagne as her eyes gazed at me.

"Come in baby," I held my arms out but she shook her head. "Nooo, I don't want to get my hair wet," she complained with a cute pout.

"I can put it up in a bun?" I suggested and she looked around seeing her friends joining me in the pool.

"Okay, but I want it like yours," she said cutely, waiting for me to get out of the warm pool. She wrapped a towel around me and I thanked her.

She sat on the outdoor lounge chair with her back facing me, moving her hair to the back so I could do a bun for her.

She lifted up some hair ties in her hand which I gladly used when putting her hair up. Once it was done, I wrapped my arms around her and she leaned her body against me.

"I love you," she cooed in my ear making me grin uncontrollably. "I love you too, now get your cute ass in the pool," I teased and she giggled softly.

"Where's my bikini?" She asked, not sure if it was dry from swimming the day before. "Should be in the laundry," I told her and she nodded her head before leave to go inside.

"Yo y/n! Come in!" Courtney splashed the water at me making me gasp. I jumped in and wrestled with her playfully.

"Y/n! Courtney! Do I have to separate you two?" Ariana shouted from the side of the pool. We both paused and looked over at her.

"She splashed me," I argued causing our other friends to laugh. She raised her eyebrow at me and sat with her legs dangling in the pool.

I swam over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist, placing my head in her lap. She gently ran her fingers over my wet hair and giggled. I gazed up seeing her watching Courtney.

I turned around seeing her moving her tongue in a dirty way. Ariana attempted to cover my eyes but I whined.

"She's so mean," I complained to my fiancée who only giggled at my comment.