chapter thirty six

Y/N'S POV

A thrilling sensation took over me as we were minutes away from touching down in Los Angeles.

I was extremely excited to see Ariana again after being in Singapore for a week.

My eyes could barely keep open from being awake the whole flight. No matter how much I tried to fall asleep, it never came.

The pressure in my ears indicated that we were lowering to the ground. I peaked out the window to see the green scenery.

After eventually landing, the seatbelt light turned off and people stood up to reach for their belongings.

It wasn't long until I was walking through the jet bridge to the airport with my carry on.

With every step I took towards baggage claim, my eyes scanned for Ariana. I noticed the small woman in heels standing holding a sign saying 'welcome home y/n'.

I grinned at the sight and ran over to her as her eyes were still trying to catch a glimpse of me.

When I came closer to her, a grin stretched across her face adorably. The sign dropped from her grip before I lifted her up.

Her legs wrapped around my waist and her lips pressed against mine. I held onto her tightly as she buried her head into my shoulder.

"Let me take this," Roshad offered, taking my bag from my shoulder while giving me a smile.

"Thank you," I said before we walked over to baggage claim with Ariana still hanging onto me.

We collected my suitcase from the carousel and headed back to the car. I kissed Ariana's head a few times and told her that I loved her.

Roshad opened the car door for us and I thanked him before we got into the car. We put our seatbelts on and Ariana's watery eyes looked up at me.

I cupped her face and pecked her soft lips before her body scooted as close to mine as possible.

"I missed you so much," she told me weakly as she fidgeted with my fingers.

"I missed you too," I said to her as her eyes lingered on mine for a few seconds before looking down again.

Once we had arrived back at home, Ariana helped me unpack my luggage. She found a bag that contained a few gifts for her.

"What's this?" She asked with a smirk and I giggled before taking it from her.

"I hope you like gifts," I patted a space beside me and she took a seat with her legs crossed.

"I bought you a few little things. First, I got you some perfume that smells sooo good. I also got you an oversized t-shirt that says Singapore on it... I loved the colours and it's cute. I might even steal it," I said making her giggle as she looked at the gifts I was handing her.

"I also got you a fridge magnet and some snacks that are delicious. Oh and I went to this little store that had the cutest hair clips and accessories. I got quite a few so Josh will probably have to cancel all of his appointments for the next month," I joked making her laugh loudly.

She embraced me in a tight hug and I gently squeezed her back.

"Thank you so much baby, I love all of my gifts," she thanked me with a genuine smile spread across her face.

"I'm hungry, are you?" She asked me as she looked through her gifts.

"A little bit but I'm more tired than anything," I said through a chuckle.