chapter forty two

Y/N'S POV

"Good morning sleepyheads," a voice said waking me up from my sleep. I groaned loudly feeling exhausted from last nights events.

My eyes peeled open to see Courtney standing there with three coffees in her hands.

"Get up so we can do something, I got coffee...," she bribed Ariana making her open her eyes.

Courtney looked around our room and her eyes widened at the mess we made and the objects we used.

"Damn, you two got real freaky last night," she giggled and my cheeks flushed red with embarrassment before she left the room.

Ariana pulled me into her and I kissed her soft lips. She straddled my waist and sat up, stretching her arms and back.

"Good morning beautiful," I said as she looked down at me sleepily.

"Good morning cutie," she replied, pressing her hands against my chest.

"I'm gonna go get my coffee and have a chat with Courtney," she said pecking my lips softly, both smiling.

"Uh oh, that doesn't sound good," I spoke with a giggle. 

"Oh hush, she shouldn't have woken us up at... 1:15 in the afternoon," Ariana said checking the time on her phone making me laugh.

"You're right," I said sarcastically before she rolled her eyes playfully and giggled.

***

While Courtney was over, we played a few board games and baked some cookies. She was heading home to Florida in a few days so I let them chill for a bit to themselves.

I had been sitting in our room doing a few things for work when I received a message from Njomza.

I picked up my phone and scanned over the message.

Njomza: hey, how you been? I miss our chats!

Me: Not too bad, I miss our chats too :(

We hadn't been talking much since Ari and Njomza had their fall out. I'd never push them into telling me what happened since that's their business but it was all quite sudden.

Njomza: Come around to my place, I baked vegan muffins :)

Me: that's very tempting but I don't know

Njomza: Oh come on, you don't have to stay for long

Me: okay okay, send me your address

She sent her home address and I noticed it wasn't far from here. I put on some shoes and grabbed my purse and phone.

As I walked into the living room, Ari's conversation stopped as she saw that I was going someone.

"Where you off to?" She asked cutely as her fingers ran through Toulouse's fur.

"I um- I'm catching up with Njomza," I said looking down not wanting to see her reaction. There was silence for a few seconds.

"Oh- okay, text me if you'll be home for dinner," she said surprising me a bit. I walked over to her and pecked her lips.

"I love you," I whispered and she smiled sweetly.

"I love you too," she replied, turning her gaze to Courtney again.

"Bye Court, have a safe flight to Florida if I don't see you before then," I said causing her to smile. We said our goodbyes and I took an Uber to njomzas place.

When I arrived, I knocked on the front door, a few seconds went by when she opened it up. A huge smile spread across our faces and she pulled me into a tight hug.