chapter forty one

ARIANA'S POV

What I did to y/n was very uncalled for but I was honestly past the point of frustration.

I walked over to my mum who was standing in the kitchen messaging her friend. She looked up at me and raised her eyebrows at me.

"What?" I asked knowing she had something to say.

"Nothing... it's just you're acting weird today," she said causing my cheeks to flush red with embarrassment.

Before I could say anything, y/n entered the room wearing a short silky dress with a little slit. My eyes lingered on her body for a few seconds before snapping out of my thoughts.

How did she manage to look cute yet sexy in that dress?

She had a black shoulder bag which complimented against the dust pink dress. She cleared her throat and I looked away from her embarrassed.

"Oh y/n you look so beautiful darling!" My mum said making my girlfriend blush slightly.

"Thank you," she said with a giggle.

She glanced over to me and rolled her eyes while clenching her jaw.

Without a word, she walked past me and followed Joan to her car. She jumped into the front seat, leaving me in the back by myself.

I could sense that my mum knew there was tension between us but didn't say anything.

I was so grateful that she didn't because even I felt bad for doing what I did.

The drive to the restaurant was quiet with Joan asking y/n a few questions. I listened intently since I already missed her voice.

"I can't find a park. You two go in together and I'll try find one around here somewhere," my mum said.

"Okay," we both said in union and got out of the car. I tried to hold her hand but she swiftly took it away from me.

"Y/n..." I said, looking at her gorgeous eyes that were staring ahead of us as we walked towards the restaurant.

"Don't talk to me. I'm so fucking mad at you right now," she said, clenching her teeth.

"I'm sorry-"

She stopped walking and I did the same, looking at her confused.

"If you want to play your games with me then go ahead... but don't get mad at me for playing too," she snapped at me.

I stood there puzzled trying to understand what she meant.

"I don't understand," I told her and she scoffed before narrowing her eyes.

"You think you can to tease me and get away with it? No, it's on Ariana," she said smirking softly.

I looked at her stunned for a moment before smirking back at her. She bit her bottom lip involuntarily.

"We need a safe word babygirl," I said and we both looked around the street for a word.

"Red," she said looking at the traffic light and I nodded my head.

"Red it is... you sure about this?" I asked as we began walking again.

"I am," she said confidently before stepping inside the restaurant. I smirked to myself before we were disrupted by a waitress.

She brought us to our table and gave us some menus. We both said thank you and then looked at each other.

"I have so many things we could use when we get home," I told her and her eyes widened with eagerness.