Grudge

A month later

26th of April, 1970

A month has passed since Elsa Mars's show that took its place in Boston and she was being encircled by an immense crowd of admirers and people, who like her, at least. Not only the audience were doted with her, moreover after the show ended as she was back in her dressing room, her keen fans entered in her dressing room for a couple of minutes to talk with her, being photographed if they have gathered their cameras and ask for a personal autograph. Valerie, Shona and Howards' children had their opportunity to meet in person the German emigrant as they were photographed, collecting it as a piece of memory, besides receiving an autograph from her and talk along in a matter of a few minutes. Factly, they have limited time to keep in touch with the middle-aged woman, because there was a sea of impatient fans and admirers of her, who wanted to see her as she spends her final minutes in Boston with her fans as well. It was such a spectacular night for them.

Today was Valerie's birthday as she had invited only people of her inner circle to celebrate with her 30th anniversary. In the wee hours of the morning, she, Shona as Lana and Johnny helped her with tidying and sorting her one story house since the guests' should arrive in 4 o'clock.

Lana and her son were in Boston essentially, because of the redhead's birthday and marking a remarkable anniversary. They arrived in the small city of Massachusetts the day before.

After they concluded with cleaning and tidying, subsequently they took a break.

As Shona was teaching Johnny to read more fluently as he struggled to read, due to the fact, his mother didn't have enough leisure time to spend every valuable, golden moment with him, Valerie and Lana were drinking lemonades in the yard, relishing the spring ambience since the weather improved, factly, the days were warmer and emerged to be sunnier than the past weeks even months.

Bright sunrays dropped down, bathing below in saturating daylight its surroundings and ground. The sky, itself, was sufficiently lucid. No trace of whether solid or misty clouds, overcrowding the sky, concealing the scintillating sun. The both women seated on wooden chairs.

"It's so beautiful and breathtaking." The Russian-American confessed, inhaling the fresh air that cleansed her tender nostrils, closing her eyes as she sipped the lukewarm lemonade.

"Not as much as you, birthday gal!" The journalist evoked, seconds before sipping the cool beverage, resuscitating her body from the remorseless dryness. She momentarily glanced at her girlfriend.

"Lana!" She burst out, chuckling raspily.

"What's it, darling?"

"Thank you!" The younger woman couldn't suppress a growing wicked grin across her lips as the both women giggled inwardly. "But you are more beautiful," In the interim, the reporter cut her off curtly.

"Shu, shu! It's not true."

"Come on, sweetie! You are but it seems it's invisible to you."

"Not gonna lie, Lana! I am already 30. I am not young anymore."

"It doesn't matter how old are you, but the women once they age, they become like the wine." The aspiring journalist gulped in a single sip her lukewarm, sticky lemonade, leaving the glass on the grass aside, wiping with the back of her petite, smooth hand her drenched lips. "They are better." She concluded her exclaimation with a lisp.