Eye-opener

A couple of days later
25th of February, 1970

A week after Father McKenzie's return in Boston, neither the Howards, nor the people from their inner circle were moderately passing. Without any turmoils. Nor any occured issues.

When Shona finished her school, Valerie attended the institution as she got her daughter and went back at home as the young girl aimed to her bedroom to do her homework unlike her occupied mother, who was managing up to prepare the dinner meal for herself and her daughter. Not until the young lady found her phone ringing on the counter top, abandoning the bake process for a while until she joins the battlefield for cooking.

Once the maid sighed, due to the realization of ringing phone, she walked up until grabbed the earpiece as her other hand's fingers lowered down for the black cord, playing with them idly.

"H-Hello?" The redhead evoked an echo through the earpiece, wiping with the back of her petite hand her sudoriferous forehead, lowering her head as she fixed her hazel green eyes on her comfy, fuzzy slippers.

"Hi Val!" The young woman immediately recognized the person's voice as it was feminine, a genuine smile blossoming on her still fresh, youthful face.

"Oh hi, Judy! Tell me how your day passed." Valerie responded enthusiastically once she spoke with the former nun.

"It hasn't been something special, however, it passed well as I and Timothy spent our leisure time with Agnes whilst Ellie and Tristan were in the kindergarten until either of us went to the kindergarten to drive them to home." The blonde uttered rejoicing. "How about your day, Val?" She furthered as she cleared her throat.

"Oh, I am currently baking potatoes and chicken in the oven, while Shona is in her bedroom, doing her homework. In general, you know how I spent my day, if you are not mistaking." Valerie sneered amiably, without taunting her friend.

"Shona is such a workaholic especially after she gets back at home from school." The middle-aged mother attempted to not offend the housekeeper's sole child with her exclaimation, omitting a chuckle in low voice. "At least, she's excellent student!"

"She's undeniably an excellent student with brilliant marks though she isn't fan of Math."

"That's wonderful, but it's going to be fine with Math."

"Yeah, howsoever, it depends of her, Judy!" Valerie declared hastily, pragmatically as she removed her hand from the phone cord. "Her potential is great." In the meanwhile, she glimpsed at the oven, scanning how much time remains until it eventually bakes the dinner meal.

"I cannot disagree! The children have a lot of opportunities and potential though some of them are way too lazy to show it until something chimes them to do it."

"Correct! It's up to them generally but I cannot judge anyone's choice since I am not their parent."

"You seem some kind of antsy." Jude noted something leery behind the younger mother's identity as the former sister of the church was beyond concerned about her friend, showing interest to discover what's it.