Howards' Christmas

A month later...

25th of December, 1968

The winter approached as it was Christmas time at last. The Howards have spent hours shopping for Christmas ingredients and presents the day before, thereafter cooking and baking with hours and phoning their friends by wishing them early merry Christmas. The last days were snowy as the rigid snow coated every field of Boston's countryside. As an addition, the couple invested money in repairing Jude's cottage the day after their hike in the woods with their children a month ago. The cottage was almost repaired, in spite of the weather.

As the Christmas morning arrived lastly, Ellie and Tristan got from their beds as they wore their pajamas and their parents were asleep yet in the early Wednesday morning, rushing up to the children's room door as Tristan was slightly taller than his older sibling as she helped him to reach to the doorknob, pressing it as his wee hands dangled around the doorknob, the door opening as it squeaked.

Once the twins fled their room as they left their youngest sibling Agnes Jude sleeping in her bassinet, Ellie and Tristan tiptoed as they descended the stairs, their hands sliding down through the stairway's railing as they rushed to the living room, entering in the room and sped up to the embelished Christmas tree with its glittering lights, colorful balls that and a sparkling star on the top of the tree, crawling to the enveloped boxes with presents as they went up for the more abstract ones, dragging them by its envelop towards them as they unpacked them, giggling beyond euphoria and childish curiosity as it verged when they unboxed their presents as they had new toys, bought by their parents the day before. Tristan got an airplane with remote control whilst Ellie got a handful of Barbie dolls.

Luckily, their parents weren't awake as they thought as Jude and Timothy were just oblivious thoughts for the three years old twins who were unexplainably cheerful. Broad, radiant smug smiles distorted across their thin lips. Their chocolate and hazel eyes twinkled like starsin the nocturnal sky.

Suddenly Agnes commenced to snivel as icy, crystal tears tumbled down her face as her snivel was loud sufficiently to wake up the couple the next room. The essential reason why Agnes Jude was upset as she wasn't big and old enough to cope with the desolation and walking fluently on her own just like her elder siblings.

Once the parents woke on the early Christmas morning, due to toddler's bawl, they opened their eyes reluctantly as their hearts were in their mouth for their youngest child after hearing her yammering cry, they couldn't help as Jude determined to get from the warm, convenient quilt as Timothy interrupted her by grabbing her by the wrist as their eyes locked into one another's irresistible gaze that solely last in a matter of seconds.

"But sweetie, I am going to see..." She said softly as she was cut off momentarily by her husband.

"No, no, honey! I am going to check Agnes as you can stay in the bed and rest." His thumb stroke her smooth, elegant fist. "Okay?" She gave up as she sighed, laying down in the warm bed sheets as he reassured her wisely, expressing her concern for her condition and health.

"Alright." Jude murmured in velvety voice as her head collapsed on the cotton pillow, her untamed long wavy golden hair ruffled all over the pillow, forming a hallowed golden halo, framimg her pale face with its indisputably beauteous facial features even when she's disheveled.

As soon as Timothy got from the bed as he wore nothing but his pyjamas, hopping up in comfy slippers, he fled out of the
bedroom instantly without hesitancy, hasting to the children's room as he opened the ajar door as it creaked, zinging in the room as he skittered up to the bassinet where the little Agnes bawled and bawled. Uncontrollably.