4th of July 3

As soon as Valerie returned back at home from Howards' family mansion, she was lucky her partner Velika hadn't been at home yet. But somebody else was at home. It was Shona, Valerie's daughter, who jumped into her arms once when she came back, followed by a kiss on the cheek as Ms.Volkova pretended like nothing had happened no longer than a half an hour ago.

After kicking off her heeled sandals, she went directly to the kitchen with headlong speed, completely ignoring what was near her like she was the sole thing that existed in this gargantuan, spacious world. Likewise Shona scrutinized her mother as she walked up to the kitchen's doorframe, watching her how she took a cigarette from her box, grabbing the lighter in the another hand as her elbow was upon the covered dining table, holding in her two fingers a cigarette, liting it as she puffed of her cigarette, a dim escaping her mouth and nostrils as the kitchen window was opened, ventilating the stuffy air in the room.

In the interim, the little girl innocently smiled to her mother as her hazel green eyes looked down at the petite figure that observed her.

"Anything wrong, mommy?" Shona questioned as she stepped in the kitchen, sitting against her as she attempted to evade her smoking, not envenoming her very young body with its toxicity.

The red-haired maid just stared at her own little minion as her grimaced face exposed every kind of an emotion that she felt. Especially remorse and guilt. Gnawing her at a snail's pace. She exhaled sharply as she wasn't prepared at all to tell her the ugly truth about the happened in Howards' family today. Her failed attempted kiss on Jude's lips.

Also Shona was the first person and source who gains information from her mother about her daily routine, telling her everything as they were so relative in their mother-daughter relationship.

"How do you think, darling?" She left the cigarette in the ashtray as she placed a hand that supported her head, her hazel green eyes glued to the precious young girl, who was inquisitive to find out what was bothering Valerie.

"Something's particularly wrong." The little girl responded with a reliable smile on her slightly tanned complexion.

"You are so clever, Shona!" She reached a hand to stroke her red braided hair as she runned her fingers through her flossy scalp. Hence, her sole free hand moved to her cigarette as she held it in two fingers, puffing of her cigarette, a dim surrounding her.

"Does it has to do with your amazing friend Judy?"

"From where do you know, my smart cookie?"

"It's visible. Tell me."

"...oh okay!" The young woman sighed a sigh of relief as she gathered sufficient courage to tell her the truth.

It didn't take her longer than a few minutes to explain to her what she had done though she didn't kiss the former nun on the lips, luckily. If she did it, in the contrary she would be in much bigger, grimmer trouble. After her story was being heard by Shona, the young girl was always open minded to her mother, always forgiving every mistake and idiocy that she had done. Instead of blaming her mother, she utterly supported and respected her, regardless how wrong she was back then. Subsequently the little girl opened the topic about what Velika did no longer than a year and half ago.