Lana and Valerie's Christmas 2

"Lana!" Valerie burst out beyond ectastically as she buried her head in the crook of Lana's neck, sniffing the rose scent of her perfume and mint hair's fragrance that allured her tender nostrils.

"Val!" The older woman's clasped arms pulled the younger one in a firmer, warmer embrace as she said in elated voice once the both ladies met together in person after plenty of phone calls, hearing their echoes through the earpiece daily or twice a day. Meanwhile, the red-haired woman's hands rubbed Lana's back. "I have been expecting you. What a lovely Christmas miracle!" The reporter kept on with a cocky smile distorting across her conservative mauve coloured lips.

"Yeah! The miracles happen on Christmas." Valerie scoffed as soon as they broke off the hug, kissing each other's cheeks.

Whilst the both adults were talking mirthfully, Johnny glimpsed bashfully the older child that stood before him as he fixed uneasily his eyeglasses. His perturbation verged as he wasn't gregarious child at all especially nearby strangers and bigger children as nightmares of bullies and scapegraces, haunting the adopted young boy. Nightmares that haunted him like cryptical beasts, roaming in the dark, profound woods in the middle of the night. He developed a barrier that shielded him against bullies, despite, on other hand, he has an arduous time socializing with his peers.

Then the both mothers shifted their gaze to their children as they folded gently their heads, consequently introducing them to each other as they wanted to shear the awkward hush between them.

"Johnny, that's your mother's new friend daughter Shona!" Lana clarified her only son as she stimulated his confidence as she gave him a soothing smile.

"Shona, that's Lana's boy Johnny."

"It's nice to meet you, Johnny. It's Shona!" The little girl approached the younger boy as she offered him her hand to handshake mutually along. A bold, radiant smile curled up in the corner of her thin lips.

"It's a pleasure...Shona! Johnny!" He stuttered as he was far from assured as he extended his arm as his tinier warm hand met the red-haired girl's amusingly smooth, warm, handshaking within seconds as he gave her a humble smile, blooming on his fresh, pale face. Then he shuddered as he released his hand from his mother's grasp, moving behind her legs as he held her calf, in the meantime he caught the other three females' attention as well.

It was outstandingly apparent the young boy was beyond skittish and shy especially in the presence of child 5 years his senior, his small arms wrapped around the brunette's calf, opting to avoid Valerie and Shona's eyeing. His face all flushed as his cheeks heated abruptly.

"He seems very shy." Valerie stated casually.

"He's actually shy especially nigh strangers. He has trust issues." The young reporter explained wisely as she turned to Johnny, facing him as she overlooked his buried face in her trousered leg. Then she chuckled inwardly to herself as she wanted to help Johnny by pandering him to appear less diffident though she trusted enough the younger woman.

"Johnny? Sweetie?" Lana crouched down as she shifted her position as he dangled his arms around her knee, looking up apprehensively at her eyes as one of her hands managed to lift down to his head, running her thin, long fingers through his dark combed hair. She attempted to attract his attention though her peculiar failure. Then she emitted a disappointed sigh. "Come on, sweetheart! They are just friends. They won't hurt you."

Instead of replying back, no reply came from the young boy. He just looked awkwardly apprehensive at his mother's temperate chocolate eyes that reassured him, despite his barrier.